Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boden cardigan ... how does this one fare for style ratings ....

(8 Posts)
Millie1 Fri 31-Oct-08 21:17:08

I want warm, cosy to pull on on a winter morning to do school run etc - jeans and boots. Ordered this www.boden.co.uk/col.asp?styid=WK467&segname=Women&segid=6&gpname=Knitwear&desname=Long+Cosy+Cardigan &gpid=12&gen=1&col=OAT in the oatmeal colour shown. In real life the colour isn't as 'dead' as in the picture but is it a bit grannyish? Want to wear it with brown boots & bag. Will I be really limited in what colours I can wear with it?

kikidee Fri 31-Oct-08 22:26:57

I have that in grey and really like it. I wear it over dresses with boots and also jeans/trousers but nicer with boots. Really soft but going a little bit bobbly.

Amandoh Fri 31-Oct-08 22:51:02

Millie1. Have you had a look in Zara lately? They have some lovely long chunky-ish cardigans in at the mo.

If you click here then click "See catalogue" the third photo shows the model wearing a grey knitted cardigan. The model isn't wearing it properly so it's hard to see what it really looks like but I tried it on and it looked good and it's really cosy. It would also look good worn with a wide belt. I definitely think it's a bit more versatile than the Boden one and about half the price if I remember correctly.

LaDiDaDi Fri 31-Oct-08 22:53:09

It's ok but that colour wouldn't suit me at all and I would look dead! I'm not convinced tbh.

Millie1 Fri 31-Oct-08 23:06:14

Hmmm ... it's really really cosy - guess they all go bobbly Kikidee grin. Amandoh ... the Zara cardy looks lovely too but there isn't a Zara anywhere near me so that's out! Yep, the colour is what I'm just not certain about ... def needs to go with brown and there's red (sold out), navy, grey or the oatmeal colour ... am wondering whether navy would be better but thinking about, navy can look v. cold on me. hmm

fishie Fri 31-Oct-08 23:08:02

i send stuff back to boden for bobbling, it really shouldn't at that price.

Sazisi Fri 31-Oct-08 23:17:53

ah, and Johnnie don't mind Fishie? How many times would you wear something before you'd return it?

AnotherFineMess Fri 31-Oct-08 23:24:16

I often wear brown/oatmeal near to face cos of freckles!! I find it goes with mor ethan I initially thought - all denim of course, and there is a certain shade of grey that you can get away with, although that sounds improbable.

Would you wear it with black? I think you caould, if you wore all black elsewhere?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now