Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

eczema-prone skin, and make up...

(16 Posts)
shitsandgiggles Fri 31-Oct-08 19:47:05

Any tips? I'm getting to the age where I wouldn't mind a bit of make up to perk me up on an off day - I have Clarins (bought for my wedding day) but even that irritates my skin within an hour, and I certainly could not wear it regularly.

Any tips gratefully received!

cripesalorky Fri 31-Oct-08 19:49:23

sorry how rude - have name-changed now to another name! It's still me (the OP)

smile

Ronaldinhio Fri 31-Oct-08 19:50:24

chanticaille, made for eczema

katch Fri 31-Oct-08 19:51:15

I've never been able to wear Clarins. After nmy most recent sensitive/eczematic bout (they tend to last a few years), I discovered Lavera. Not a huge range, but the grey eyeliner is good, and the skin creams. Look online for stockists.

velbels Fri 31-Oct-08 19:52:46

i have found Clarins irritates my eczema too but i have no problems with other makes.

cripesalorky Fri 31-Oct-08 19:53:19

Brilliant - thanks! I'm off to look these up on the internet

grin

honestfriend Fri 31-Oct-08 19:56:56

Clinique- had bad eczema on my face for years an it didn't irritate.

ohdearwhatamess Fri 31-Oct-08 20:00:51

Clinique is the only one I've tried that doesn't give me eczema (although obv haven't tried everything). Clarins particularly bad imo.

Ronaldinhio Fri 31-Oct-08 20:01:27

clinique was far too astringent for me...what bits did you use?

cripesalorky Fri 31-Oct-08 20:05:55

hmm, so one vote against Clinique too! Am looking for a chanticaille stockist - there are 12 shades of foundation, and it's difficult to choose online!

Ronaldinhio Fri 31-Oct-08 20:09:23

space nk stock it

honestfriend Fri 31-Oct-08 20:14:53

Are we talking skin care or foundation?

I use Clinique Repair Wear foundation but have also used Dewy Smooth and another one in the range for dry skin- sorry the name escapes me.

I currently cleanse with L'Oreal for mature skins, but that's my budget option- I prefer REN cleanser for sensitive skin.
I use Clinique super defence moisturise and City Block sun screen every day all year round. And their Anti Gravity eye cream.

At night I use REN frankinsence repair cream or their Omega 3 Serum.

Verso Fri 31-Oct-08 20:16:23

Clinique gave me a red rash and made my skin itch. I wanted to get samples of Bare Minerals today as lots of people rave about it but I stood by the counter for ages and the sales assistant served three other people first. I think I'm invisible despite my eight month pg bump!!!

If you find any make up that works without irritating the skin, let me know!

cripesalorky Fri 31-Oct-08 20:21:09

foundation is what I would really like - and also eye make up (very sensitive skin around my eyes)

I assume I can use no anti-ageing stuff, though, as I say I am that age, and would dearly love to try something!

REN is a new name for me - off to check out. Thanks honestfriend

Thanks ronaldinhio - we have a space nk near (scary and shiny and full of beautiful people!!)

I will certainly keep you posted verso - good luck with the bump! smile

honestfriend Fri 31-Oct-08 20:23:08

REN have a good site online www.renskincare.co.uk

cripesalorky Fri 31-Oct-08 20:24:15

ooh ooh - free 'halloween' masks!! (natural cosmetic ones!)

grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: