Talk

Advanced search

Summer has arrived in Australia. What on earth can I wear on my feet with a broken foot?????

(22 Posts)
ghosty Thu 30-Oct-08 11:08:35

I broke my foot in July. Was in plaster and on crutches ... took ages to actually find a fracture but in the end an MRI scan showed one up in an obscure bone in my foot close to my big toe but not my toe IYSWIM?
Have been able to wear my suede boots (cold days), my trainers (most days), my ballet flats (now it is warmer but not all day as they are not supportive enough and they hurt after a while)
I can't wear any of my usual lovely flip flop collection [gutted] - not enough support ... it could take up to 12 months to heal completely and until then I need support ...
What to wear on my feet without looking like a Scholl disaster?
I was looking in a <whispers> Hush Puppies shop the other day and came out devastated ...
HELP ....

superloopy Thu 30-Oct-08 11:26:26

How about a lovely pair of crocs... wink

ghosty Thu 30-Oct-08 11:33:53

Over. My. Dead. Body [narrows eyes]

And hello stranger ... where the HELL have you been? You don't write, you don't phone ........

ghosty Thu 30-Oct-08 11:34:13

wink

thumblesswitch Thu 30-Oct-08 11:35:40

what about fake birkenstock type shoes, with sole support?

thumblesswitch Thu 30-Oct-08 11:37:21

what IS it with these bloody croc things anyway? I wanted to get DS a pair of jellies for paddling in the lake while we were in Oz, but nae luck - only bloody crocs available, which aren't going to stay on a 10/11mo's feet!

ghosty Thu 30-Oct-08 11:38:07

Yes, thumbless, I was thinking birkenstocks too ... but do they do nice ones, like pink or silver or sparkly ones?

(are you still in Aus?)

Blu Thu 30-Oct-08 11:39:35

I think Enid had this very same problem...

You can get Birkenstock insoles which might fit in your ballet flats?

Blu Thu 30-Oct-08 11:41:18

lots of sparkly, silver and strappy birkies

thumblesswitch Thu 30-Oct-08 11:43:52

Still in Oz until Sunday, when we fly home. "Sadly" for us, DS has learnt to walk (assisted) since we got here - this is going to make the return trip verrrrryy interesting, and not in a good way! grin

BIrks can come in pretty shades and flowery patterns - if you get fake ones, they might be silvery etc., not sure - girly ones are the in things so should be able to find some you like in Target or somewhere (get me, been here only 2.5 weeks and I know the stores already grin)

ghosty Thu 30-Oct-08 11:45:45

Wow Blu, that's great ... they are expensive aren't they? Ho hum ...
Am fascinated that Amazon does shoes now ...

thumblesswitch Thu 30-Oct-08 11:45:59

god knows where you could get these but they are pink!

ghosty Thu 30-Oct-08 11:47:57

Hmmmm, I dunno about those thumbless - not me ...
blimmin foot hmm

superloopy Thu 30-Oct-08 11:48:48

Sorry my love! I have been visiting the parallel universe that is my home town - staying with my parents!
I did vote for your halloween name change tho!!
Are we doing BL on Monday? Need to catch up!

Back to the problem at hand... Doesn't Heidi Klum design a sparkly range of Birkenstocks? May not be available here tho', I will see what I can find...

ghosty Thu 30-Oct-08 11:54:07

You're a Legend superloopy ... and don't you have a discount card for DJ? <<new BFF>> grin
I think we booked to do BL NEXT monday - MelbMum is away this weekend and apart from that, DS has a day off school and even DH has taken a day to add to the long weekend (wonders will never cease)...

superloopy Thu 30-Oct-08 11:54:29

Okay... Have a look here there are a few pretty ones!

superloopy Thu 30-Oct-08 11:57:13

Or how about these

superloopy Thu 30-Oct-08 12:00:03

Summer Uggs?

Blu Thu 30-Oct-08 12:00:42

Birkies are expensive - but they are indestructible!

ghosty Thu 30-Oct-08 12:01:51

OH, summer UGGS ... yes ... liking them a lot ...
Like the pink birks too - better price than the silver Heidi ones shock

superloopy Thu 30-Oct-08 12:11:18

Ooohh pretty!

superloopy Thu 30-Oct-08 12:13:34

And no sadly the discount card has not arrived!

I think DH is doing his best to keep it out of my sweaty little hands!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now