Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I can't believe this is the first winter wedding thread.....please help me find something lovely!!

(5 Posts)
mummyc Thu 30-Oct-08 10:35:56

DH is best man at a wedding at the end of Nov, so will be looking after chasing around DS (16 months) on my own all day, so strapless silk numbers are a no no smile. Wedding will be fairly upper class, in a country church and village hall but the bride's family and friends are all pretty minted so expect posh and understated to be the order of the day. Would ideally like to get some wear to work from whatever I buy, happy to credit card something decent-ish as long as is not one wear only. Have problems with confidence often so need to feel like I look fab. Am a short arsed (5'3) size 14 and still like to dress like a gothic teenager grin

HELP!!!

Am thinking head to a town with lots of expensive shops (jigsaw, hobbs, karen millen etc) but don't know wht to look for when get there. Any ideas?????

bikerunski Thu 30-Oct-08 13:14:49

Nope, there alrready is one, a few days old
here

samsonara Thu 30-Oct-08 13:36:30

How about trying Hobbs, they have nice occassions dresses which you can wear again eg iris dress or lisa dress, here's page :

dresses

mummyc Thu 30-Oct-08 16:25:24

ahhhhhhhhh bollocks, thought I'd checked through the existing threads but missed that one.

will check out Hobbs site

was just looking for general advice on colours / fabrics that do the posh understated feel while being toddler proof!!

KristinaM Fri 31-Oct-08 20:30:55

if they are really quite posh they probably wont be designery at all. esp if wedding is country and in a village hall

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now