Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know where I can get......

(16 Posts)
bozza Wed 29-Oct-08 11:59:23

long grey leather gloves? Or am I being too specific?

I find that with my current leather gloves my wrists/lower arms get cold and I think grey would go well with new coat.

Thanks

scaryfucker Wed 29-Oct-08 12:04:00

start with debenhams methinks

PerfectStyle Wed 29-Oct-08 12:24:53

Hi,
Have just joined so this is my first post!

For long leather gloves try M & S. They have an Autograph pair which are lovely and long in a 'black mix' colour which could work for you - what colour is your coat?

Also good for leather gloves is TK Max. My nearest Harrogate shop usually has a good selection so prob. will other branches - certainly worth a look. I spend half my life in shops looking for something to go with something as I work as an image consultant.

Hope this is of some help.

scaryfucker Wed 29-Oct-08 12:51:37

welcome PerfectStyle

are you going to be a regular on the style thread then? >

< thinks, this girl could be useful, adds ingratiating smile smile >

PerfectStyle Wed 29-Oct-08 13:56:42

Yes - sure I will. I've always got lots to say on clothes, style and image - usually too much! My other main 'area of interest' will prob be the 'bringing up teenage girls' section - if there is such a thread. I have lots of experience in that area - or perhaps that is a matter of opinion!

PerfectStyle

bozza Wed 29-Oct-08 14:03:38

Yes I saw the M&S black mix ones on the website. Never thought of TKMaxx. The coat is navy/midblue/grey/white check (on link)

LOL at scaryfucker - calling yourself "perfectstyle" is giving yourself something to live up to you. grin May have loads more questions for you....

scaryfucker Wed 29-Oct-08 14:04:47

omg, two subjects close to my heart !

there is a teenage thread, much angst evident on there

see you around PS

< steps away so that PS doesn't think she has attracted a mad stalker already >

Cheesesarnie Wed 29-Oct-08 14:07:16

make that 2 stalkers.hello perfect style.im making list of question.as i have no style.

widgypog Wed 29-Oct-08 17:18:15

perfect style ...if you are there can you answer me a question..what should a young looking and feeling 33 year old mum wear cause i am bit stumped of late..if you feel like being bossy i don't mind!! x

PerfectStyle Wed 29-Oct-08 19:14:36

Hi Widgypog,

Well, what is your favourite outfit amongst the things you have at the moment? What do you wear normally day to day?

Styles around include 'military' style boots and coats which are great with jeans or skirts worn with 60 denier coloured tights. 'Cardigan' style long knits are great over same length print dresses - worn with tights also or shoe boots. However, non or all of this might suit you - it all depends on your shape, that's the key.

scaryfucker Wed 29-Oct-08 19:16:56

< settles down with cuppa >

< licks tip of pencil >

bozza Wed 29-Oct-08 19:23:05

What sort of skirts would that be with the military boots and coloured tights?

widgypog Wed 29-Oct-08 20:13:08

I am short and curvy but small.(size 8-10) hourglass figure. I think I have a good eye for what suits me but it is difficult to find in the shops. I have muscly legs(riding and running) so short skirts are not good. I usually wear bootcut dark jeans with a tight top as my ribcage and waist are very small. I wear alot of Topshop type tops with cardis for day. Its really that I can't find clothes that suit me in the shops, everything at the moment is black and sleeveless. I need blues and purples as I am fair with curly blonde long hair and blue eyes.
Today I wore Diesel Hush with a white vest and blue top layered with my Uggs. I am going out Friday night and will prob wear bootcut jeans v dark with a Topshop blouse and blue shrug and a long necklace if that helps you gauge my style. TIA

widgypog Wed 29-Oct-08 20:14:20

sorry just realised I wrote an essay!!

p.s what shops are best to get a personal shopper..do you think John Lewis as they have all the brands under one roof?

PerfectStyle Thu 30-Oct-08 15:29:42

As for the skirts Bozza I would be wearing a shorter above the knee length - slightly A line - M and S have a lovely one in in red with three buttons twice down the front. Joules also have a tweed and plain similar short skirt in their catalogue.

Widdypog - it shounds as though you know your style however, you could wear fuller skirts A line shaped (see Zara) just below or just above the knee with belt. The shape of the skirt will make your legs look slimmer - don't do pencil style. Tops should be fairly simple if you are a true curvy girl - V necked or scoop and not too much pattern - make accessories work instead.
As for the personal shopper bit - where do you live? I also do personal shopping!!

widgypog Thu 30-Oct-08 19:15:03

perfect style ...I live in west sussex

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now