Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Storage for necklaces. Any good ideas?

(13 Posts)
Swedes Tue 28-Oct-08 12:28:15

I currently put all my jewels in a basket in the bathroom. My necklaces sometimes become tangled and earrings can be difficult to find in pairs.

Does anyone have any good ideas for a more efficient storage solution?

juicychops Tue 28-Oct-08 12:32:59

i got an idea out of a magazine a few months ago. i nailed an old kid's t shirt to the wardrobe door but left the nails sticking out slightly so that i could hand necklaces and bracelets on them. bang in as many nails as you want and all the earings can hook straight onto the t shirt material. i also threaded all my belly button bars through it too. it looked quite cook. i also had all my hair clips on mine.

but you must have it on the inside of the wardrobe cos if its in the light the costume jewellery and all that is not real silver etc will get tarnished

MrsMattie Tue 28-Oct-08 12:36:05

I use a couple of these and these on my dressing table.

IAmNotHere Tue 28-Oct-08 12:36:18

Bang a load of wee nails onto the inside of your wardrobe door.
Hang necklaces. You may need to make sure they aren't hanging next to anything woolly so they don't snag.

Earrings can go in one these pill boxes if they're studs, or make a 'washing line' between two tacks on wardrobe door for dangly jobs.

I used to do both - but now I have a walk in wardrobe (natch) with no door and only own 3 pairs of earrings (but 40,000 single ones)

The other thing to do with studs is to get a sturdy bit of card and punch tiny holes in, and keep the earrings on that.

IAmNotHere Tue 28-Oct-08 12:38:33

(just read jc's post - v good idea for earrings)

Just remembered - I used to have a hanging tie rack on which I hung necklaces.

A bit like this

KristinaM Tue 28-Oct-08 13:28:30

i have a trouser hanger in the wardrobe with clothes pegs fastened onto it

tres sophisticated chez nous grin

TartanKnickers Tue 28-Oct-08 13:30:17

Stick a cork noticeboard onto the inside of the wardrobe - or straight onto the wall. Drape chains/necklaces from pins and stick earring straight into the cork.

MakemineaGandT Tue 28-Oct-08 13:31:12

I hang necklaces on clothes hangers with the clothes they go with (you know, so the jumper on the hanger looks like a person wearing a necklace!). Don't get tangled then, and the right thing is always to hand for the right outfit

mrsmaidamess Tue 28-Oct-08 13:31:35

I have a full size mannequin in my room with all my jewels draped around the neck, and brooches pinned on.

Its poncetastic!

yomellamoHelly Tue 28-Oct-08 13:38:33

I've stuck loads of hooks on the back of the wardrobe door. Could remove too without anyone being any the wiser if I change my mind too (no damage to door).

Swedes Tue 28-Oct-08 16:54:56

LOL at the mannequin - is it male or female? I'd like to think it was male; bracelet storage can be tricky.

Some very good ideas thank you all. I'd like to continue to keep jewels in bathroom. I normally select clothes from wardrobes, shower, put on make up, dress, put on jewels - so much easier if they are in the bathroom.

ninedragons Tue 28-Oct-08 17:09:25

I have a large porcelain tree but I bought it in China so I'm not sure where to direct you for something similar. It's a wee bit like this but a lot bigger and black.

littlelamb Tue 28-Oct-08 17:11:05

I painted an old mug tree a funky colour and use it to hang necklaces and bangles. Cost pence to do and looks really nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now