fancy one myself tbh

mrsmaidamess Tue 28-Oct-08 11:25:46

Cod who?

nailpolish Tue 28-Oct-08 11:28:23

hat i bought sil

its her

debenhams had lots iirc

mrsmaidamess Tue 28-Oct-08 11:29:29

I like those beanies...but I think you have to have long hair to wear them, other wise you look like a pencil with a rubber on the end.

bozza Tue 28-Oct-08 11:32:57

I like that but would never wear one in mustard myself - am far too shy and retiring. Also not sure it would suit my head.

I have a cream fancy knit beanie from New Look (not very warm because has holes in hmm), a beige seudey effect baker boy from H&M, a lilac Nike woolly hat (mainly for gardening) and a grey trilby from Accessorise.

mrsmaidamess Tue 28-Oct-08 11:34:24

I'm tinkering with the idea of a beret.

So I can swank about in my trench coat saying "Lizzen very carefully, I will zay theez only wurnce"

nailpolish Tue 28-Oct-08 11:36:17

i quite like ear muffs

mrsmaidamess Tue 28-Oct-08 11:37:20

Yes ear muffs really do keep the old ears warm too. Where can you get them?

I'll tell you what I DON'T like, those fleece headbands people wear over their hairlines and ears.

SheherazadetheGoat Tue 28-Oct-08 11:38:10

i crocheted (yes i know) a lovely wee hat for dd with some shiny bits through it. i fancy making one for myself. i always lose hats so being able to make them is v.handy.

btw are you taking the name of our lord cod in vain?

SheherazadetheGoat Tue 28-Oct-08 11:39:02

i am liking the slouchy hats but fear my head is too big for such things

I have :

Black Angora Beret

Green Wool Beret

Cream Fancy Knit Beanie

Red Fancy Knit Beanie

Chocolate Trilby

nailpolish Tue 28-Oct-08 11:40:34

debenhams have ear muffs

fishie Tue 28-Oct-08 11:41:13

i have to have hats in winter or get dreadful earache. latest purchase is a sort of deep beret / beanie hybrid in muted teal (sorry for boaksome desription). wool. got it from a strange shop so no link.

last year's purple beret has been horribly eaten by moths, how on earth to darn felt?

ooh I also have a black baker boy cap..

as for the moth eaten beret, is it only eaten in one place, if its a decent place you could put a brooch over it ???

Obviously the above idea is only if you have very intelligent moths that only eat strategic bits of your beret wink

ranting Tue 28-Oct-08 11:44:45

I will be wearing the same hat I made last year,here the one with the large flower, except mine is in teal with cream edging.

I would look bleugh in a beret and it brings back memories of the 80s and palaam cords.

SheherazadetheGoat Tue 28-Oct-08 11:48:25

baker boy [shudder]

nailpolish Tue 28-Oct-08 11:50:39

id quite like a crocheted beret with thoe lovely little crochet flowers you do so well <goat>

wink

to match my new yellow coat maybe a contrasting colour...........?

<only kidding>

DippyDora Tue 28-Oct-08 11:51:52

Agree with Custy. Ridiculous

SheherazadetheGoat Tue 28-Oct-08 11:54:00

ffs get over the cod thing, she obviously had a load of shite from some fecker on here and would love to still be on here.

np - we can discuss berets over a swallie if i ever make it.

nailpolish Tue 28-Oct-08 11:54:39

oh please
come
we are going for a meal

nailpolish Tue 28-Oct-08 11:55:40

rthe link from ranting = the holes are a bit big arent thye? not enought to keep chil out

ranting Tue 28-Oct-08 11:58:06

NP, it's the white one, so not as holey as the other, actually it is surprisingly warm.

I am envious of the ability to carry off a beret though, they look really cack on me, tried one on and friend fell about laughing.

bozza Tue 28-Oct-08 12:03:56

Yes np I agree re the holes. That is why my cheapo new look beanie is not warm. I was at an under-8s match on Sunday on some godforsaken hillside pitch and it did not keep my head warm.

nailpolish Tue 28-Oct-08 12:04:43

RANTING i really liek the wuite one

PottyCock Tue 28-Oct-08 12:07:00

cream woollen beret

someone knitted it for me. i thought it was rubbish at first but now i love it. it it tres chic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now