Talk

Advanced search

What's your favourite Mascara??

(97 Posts)
charleypops Wed 09-Mar-05 18:08:07

I'm sick of wasting money on rubbish mascaras. I need a new one this weekend, one that isn't cloggy, not too heavy, (but can be built up in layers for when I'm feeling dramatic) and makes my eyelashes look lustrous, silky and gorgeous. Oh, and won't dry out in the bottle after a couple of weeks (and no, I never pump the wand rapidly thereby introducing drying air bubbles into the bottle). Would love to discover a fab one that's not too expensive. Although will think about an expensive one if needs be.

Thanks!!

nutcracker Wed 09-Mar-05 18:10:00

I have been using a boots no7 one, it was free in a goodie bag because i spent so much on there other stuff , anyway, it is good, doesn't clog and doesn't get dry either.

Don't know how much it is to buy though.

charleypops Wed 09-Mar-05 18:19:10

Which no 7 is it Nutty? I think they have a variety.

Anyone used Helena Reubenstein? Someone told me this was really good?

kama Wed 09-Mar-05 18:35:13

Message withdrawn

Cod Wed 09-Mar-05 18:35:39

Message withdrawn

jampots Wed 09-Mar-05 18:36:01

Ultimeyes by Christian Dior

snafu Wed 09-Mar-05 18:36:23

Maybelline pink and green one

nutcracker Wed 09-Mar-05 18:38:13

Oooh sorry, will go check in a mo.

Socci Wed 09-Mar-05 18:50:00

Message withdrawn

Dior Wed 09-Mar-05 19:39:58

Message withdrawn

franch Wed 09-Mar-05 19:45:32

Max Factor More Lashes fits all your requirements - I'm a mascara junkie and it's better than all the expensive brands I've tried

Beetroot Wed 09-Mar-05 19:46:05

Message withdrawn

charleypops Wed 09-Mar-05 19:58:40

I've heard about the pink and green Maybelline, never tried it though. I wasn't impressed with another one of theirs a while ago. Not heard of the Hypnose or Ultimeyes

The nicest one I can remember having was Defencils - but still found it a bit "skinny", and ran out quickly for the price.

So, we have (so far)

Lancome Hypnose - one vote
Chanel Extensils - one vote
Christian Dior - Ultimeyes - 2 votes (for Dior)
Mac - one vote
Clinique - 2 votes

Maybelline - green and pink
Max Factor - More Lashes
No 7
L'Oreal

Any to be avoided? The last two I didn't like, these were

Rimmel - Endless Lashes and
that one which is black at one end and white at the other - Coup de Theatre or something?

If I get more suggestions, I'll update the list before the weekend before I go interrogate the beauty counter staff

Spongebob Wed 09-Mar-05 20:01:03

Im a masacra nut. I buy and chuck away so many!! My favorite one at the moment is coup de theatre by Bourgois. No lumps.

franch Wed 09-Mar-05 20:01:17

Don't want to start a mascara war but I think the Maybelline one is seriously overrated!

Must admit I havent tried Lancome Hypnose tho - might give that a go although MF More Lashes does take some beating

Meggymoo Wed 09-Mar-05 20:01:41

Message withdrawn

Spongebob Wed 09-Mar-05 20:01:47

oops just noticed previous post. soz.

Tinker Wed 09-Mar-05 20:05:01

Agree with franch. After all teh hype, thought it was crap (teh Maybelline one). Use Boots No 7 one - Ultimate something, I think.

motherinferior Wed 09-Mar-05 20:07:45

Which one ^doesn't smudge^ and does lengthen but ^not thicken^ (v ageing for a lady of my mature years)?

katierocket Wed 09-Mar-05 20:08:26

yes I hate the smudging

motherinferior Wed 09-Mar-05 20:12:42

I am Smudger from Smudgeroo City. I dye my lashes, but would like a bit of additional oomph (ooer missus), non-ageingly slimming, natch.

katierocket Wed 09-Mar-05 20:14:06

hmm, I found Maybelline smudged and made my eyes itch. Bobby Brown is quite good but not brilliant

franch Wed 09-Mar-05 20:16:14

motherinf - MF More Lashes!

charleypops Wed 09-Mar-05 20:16:57

Sponge - don't apologise - I bought my coup de theatre from Ebay. It was supposed to be new, but I had my doubts (eurgh). Maybe it had dried up.

Motherinferior - I think you'd like Defencils (can't remember who it's by), it's really nice, but, like I said further down, a bit "skinny" for me, definitley lengthens, don't remember it smudging. Don't say your past fat lashes though - you're probably the same age as me! Although I do recall that you may be a ginge? My sister's ginger and fat lashes don't suit her and she's only 22. They do suit some red heads though. I like my redheads au naturel - love that blonde eyelash look, very cool

charleypops Wed 09-Mar-05 20:17:33

..you're past fat ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now