Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ultimate natural dry skin product / remedy - what's yours?

(25 Posts)
screamscreamstagger Mon 27-Oct-08 12:03:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RamblingRosa Mon 27-Oct-08 12:29:43

Dr Hauschka Rose cream. Hands down. Oils are good too. REN do a nice oil and the Neal's Yard rose oil's good.

MrsMattie Mon 27-Oct-08 12:31:09

Have you tried almond oil? Not sure how it works on the face but it's lovely on the body.

Furball Mon 27-Oct-08 13:07:25

I use J/A/S/O/N everything cream, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, squirty soap. Tis fab stuff, goes straight in and doesn't leave a trace.

nailpolish Mon 27-Oct-08 13:08:11

waitrose baby bottom butter overnight

HankyHunker Mon 27-Oct-08 13:08:46

wee.

nailpolish Mon 27-Oct-08 13:09:48

clarins orchid oil is nice if you fancy treating your self

i use it every second night and its gorgoues

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Mon 27-Oct-08 19:37:56

L'Occitane's Shea Butter is fab for dry patches and is organic and natural .

Cauldronfrau Mon 27-Oct-08 19:41:27

castlesintheair Mon 27-Oct-08 19:41:31

Almond Oil (cheap) or any REN products (not cheap).

Lauriefairycake Mon 27-Oct-08 19:48:08

Plant oil - I am loving decleor aromessences, full of neroli oil - also liz earle concentrate.

Both relatively expensive options - but cheaper on qvc - in particular you get 3x 5ml in an introductory offer (with 15 ml of floral moisturiser) for £29.40 on qvc at the moment (the Decleor one)

I am just about to flog the Clarins facial oil one on ebay as I don't like the smell - there's loads in that as it comes in a huge bottle so maybe get that one - think it was only about £20 quid

honestfriend Mon 27-Oct-08 20:05:12

REN Omega 3 repair serum(?) think that's the name- got it anyway!

screamscreamstagger Mon 27-Oct-08 20:15:41

buttercreamfrosting Mon 27-Oct-08 20:18:37

Skin Drink from Lush. I get dry cheeks in winter and this sorts it instantly. Also use their Ultra Bland cleanser which is really rich as well.

Cremolatorium Mon 27-Oct-08 20:21:29

Jurlique is lovely - if you are in OZ
loverly
you can get it here but it originates in Australia. Works on me and I have very dry sensitive skin.

Howlingbellyofbeelzebub Mon 27-Oct-08 20:24:55

lush stuff is choc full of chemicals - just trying to look natural. The very best thing we have found is 100% pure shea butter - here - it is cheap and only contains one ingredient! We use it on our dd's eczema and it is good stuff.

Miyazaki Mon 27-Oct-08 20:25:32

I would second the dr hauschka recommend. I use the Quince cream, as the rose is a bit thick for me but it might be perfect for you after swimming. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive by a long way - and very good.

screamscreamstagger Mon 27-Oct-08 20:31:41

Miyazaki Mon 27-Oct-08 20:34:30

I use the neals yard organic orange facial oil as well - that's very good too.

bran Mon 27-Oct-08 20:36:10

Dr Hauschka Rose cream is good, but only for a few months of the year when it's cold, dry and windy. I have very dry skin and it's much too heavy for me in the spring/summer. At this time of year I apply a little before I go outside to protect my skin.

IMO a good cleanser is more important than a moisturiser. I had a huge improvement in my sore, scaly skin when I started using Liz Earle Hot Cloth Wash. Recently I have been converted to Akamuti Orange cleanser, which I use the same way as Liz Earle (massage on a small amount, removed with a muslin cloth moistened with warm water). I think when the weater gets humid again I will probably go back to Liz Earle as it's a bit lighter (but less moisturising) than the Akamuti. The muslin cloth takes off all the dead, scaly bits of skin but isn't too harsh. Akamuti do lots of different oils too at reasonable prices. I make my own body butter using shea butter and various oils from them.

After cleansing at night I use a tiny amount of Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter and around my eyes I use a little mixed oil.

katch Mon 27-Oct-08 20:38:22

I had sensitive skin for years (seemed to co-incide w. having babies), and the only thing I could ever reliably use was Aqueous Cream.
Cheap, not glamorous, but as well as a moisuriser, can also be used to remove make-up/ cleanse skin - and washes off in the shower with water.
Also Vaseline overnight for particularly dry patches. (And Dr Haushca gives me a headache and a rash.
Neither of these would be classed as 'natural,' but they are benign ime, and will protect the skin while it repairs.

traceybath Mon 27-Oct-08 20:40:33

aveeno - has oatmeal in it and i find it very soothing

honestfriend Mon 27-Oct-08 20:41:57

www.renskincare.com/cat_id/FACESERUMS/product-REN-Omega-3-Overnight-Lipid-Renewal-Serum--All-skin-ty pes-30741.htm

this is great.

Jewelsandgems Mon 27-Oct-08 21:02:01

I use Avent Magic Creme! Is great for my little ones, great as a lip balm and feels heavenly on my skin. Oooh and any dry patches seem to dissapear as if my...erm...Magic! wink

Ronaldinhio Mon 27-Oct-08 21:41:31

eve lom
jurlique

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now