Talk

Advanced search

What colour/sort of trousers to go with black shirt/black tie???

(18 Posts)
FAQ Sat 25-Oct-08 19:35:01

DS1 wants to wear a shirt and tie for DS3's Christening.....DS2 wasn't bothered, but I know if he has something different he'll be upset on the day.

So today I bought \link{http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k12/Gwenick/?action=view&current=25102008352.jpg \2 of these} (not a very good picture sorry).

It's got thick(ish) darker black stripes on it.

Now I'm stuck though - I'm not sure what trousers they should wear with it. The original plan was that I'd buy them matching shirt and tie then DS1 would wear is dark blue/navy school trousers, and DS2 his light(ish) grey ones.......

FAQ Sat 25-Oct-08 19:35:28

try again

differentWitch Sat 25-Oct-08 19:36:04

khaki/ beige?

FAQ Sat 25-Oct-08 19:37:14

oh - and they'll both be wearing their black school shoes

nancy75 Sat 25-Oct-08 19:37:17

dark grey would probably be best, black trousers always look shiney

FAQ Sat 25-Oct-08 19:39:12

oh and DS3 will be wearing this little outfit blush - it's black pinstripe the trouers and waistcoat blush

FAQ Sat 25-Oct-08 19:52:55

ok so one vote for dark grey, another for khaki/beige......

Could i get away with the mid grey (not really light) and dark/navy ones mentioned above?

<<<<<<<trying not to spend more money than she has to>>>>

differentWitch Sat 25-Oct-08 19:56:00

could you get trousers to match ds2 for ds1?

FAQ Sat 25-Oct-08 19:59:59

dW - I may be able to - got them from Adams so they may have some in his size. Do you reckon dark/navy blue would be ok it's these that he's got.

My children are going to look very poncy for the Christening blush but I don't care grin

FAQ Sat 25-Oct-08 20:01:24

oh sorry - just seen you mean the other way round - DS1 has the trousers I've linked to.

Not sure I could get DS2's to match for DS1 as I got them from a small stall on the market, they have a shop in the next town, but they rarely stock the same thing once it's sold out, it's sold out (and I bought his last 4 pairs of grey ones in DS2's size).

differentWitch Sat 25-Oct-08 20:20:46

ah, right.

shelleylou Sat 25-Oct-08 20:38:36

Im going town in the week so ill see if they have navy instock for DS2 if you want. They did have school jumpers etc in and im pretty sure they had trousers in too.

FAQ Sat 25-Oct-08 20:40:11

lol - thanks - I think I may have got mixed up though - think dw was suggesting the grey trousers to get for DS1..... <<<<<wonders if shelleylou can remember what sort of grey DS2 has.

FAQ Sat 25-Oct-08 21:05:28

ok - before Shelleylou goes off to check for grey trouers for me - can I have a difinitive answer please

Navy or Grey/Silver trousers with the shirt and tie and black shoes???

littlelapin Sat 25-Oct-08 21:12:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FAQ Sat 25-Oct-08 21:17:31

so not even grey/silver? Any suggestion where I could buy some nice (cheap) light coloured ones?? Online would be ok - as long as I can be guaranteed delivery before the 23rd November (1 week before the Christening......don't want to spend the week worrying that they're not with me)

<<<<<<is trying to get out of spending money where not necessary grin>>>>>>

littlelapin Sat 25-Oct-08 21:19:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FAQ Sat 25-Oct-08 21:20:14

unfortunately the next nearest thing they have to smart is these jeans from Pumpkin Patch.........but I know that jeans and shirt/tie are a no no lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now