Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know what has happened to Ghost ?

(10 Posts)
Winetimeisfinetime Sat 25-Oct-08 16:21:39

The link to their website appears to be broken and I have just seen an article saying that a major investor pulled out a few weeks ago and their future is uncertain.

Have they gone bust then ? Really fed up if they have as I have only recently discovered them and their wonderful sale prices.

Probably people like me, though, only buying their £150 dresses for £30 in the sale that have finally pushed them over the brink.

faustina Sat 25-Oct-08 18:37:52

I got a promo email from them the other day and just tried the link and it's fine

kalo12 Sat 25-Oct-08 18:41:54

basically they sold the label about two years ago and the designs went completely downhill, it was relegated to the back of the shop in selfridges. it was never as good and now its gone. sad I know. Keep hold of the ones you've got.

(my wedding dress was from Ghost)

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 25-Oct-08 20:23:41

Hasn't the woman who created Ghost just started a new womenswear venture?

Winetimeisfinetime Sat 25-Oct-08 23:06:29

Thanks for the replies. i have just tried the link again and it still isn't working for me. Perhaps it is my computer that is the problem.

Been doing a bit more digging and found that, yes apparently the woman who created Ghost, Tanya Sarne, has left Ghost and started a new venture this year called Handwritten. The remaining partners in the business are from Iceland so could well be suffering from the financial problems there.

So all in all it doesn't sound too hopeful for Ghost. I'm just wishing I'd bought a bit more in the sale when I had the chance.

batters Sat 25-Oct-08 23:11:44

It's working for me....

Winetimeisfinetime Sat 25-Oct-08 23:25:06

Just me then - how weird.

I've just seen that there are lots of threads on here tonight about ghosts and without knowing that I started this one about Ghost womenswear. Spooky ! Perhaps they're trying to send me a message by blocking me from the website - probably something like stop being a cheapskate in the slae section and buy something full price for a change.

kettlechip Sun 26-Oct-08 19:53:42

def still working, just had to log off it to stop myself buying a sale dress and cardigan. And their new knitwear is just gorgeous too..

lou33 Sun 26-Oct-08 19:57:25

there is a piece in the sunday times style section about them

apparently their icelandic partners have pulled out of financing them, so they are looking for someone else

if they cant find a replacement they will go out of business

mrsmaidamess Sun 26-Oct-08 20:02:59

There is a Ghost shop just opened in Kingston. I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now