Talk

Advanced search

Watches - know anything?

(7 Posts)
monkeysmama Fri 24-Oct-08 22:26:29

Does anyone know anything about watches?

I've wanted a nice watch I can keep forever for a long time. Having not had a birthday or Christmas present for 2 years & having had our baby 5 months ago dp has promised to buy me the special watch.

I know very little about watches & have had a bit of a look on the net. Where would I look for one? What do I need to think about? What makes a decent watch?

I want something beautiful, not too delicate (I prefer men's watches generally) and not too bling.

MM

Louandben Fri 24-Oct-08 22:34:29

Lucky you! Choosing depends so much on budget and personal style though - this is beautiful (also with white face) and classic, if you like it then you will wear it forever, but Longines/Omega also have some stunning ones, but you may be looking for something more expensive or less, more feminine perhaps? The range is huge in both respects......

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Fri 24-Oct-08 23:35:11

I have uk.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=17041843&mcat=148205&cid=288186&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+288186 -r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+this watch and personally I think its a beautiful classic watch. I also think anything from Tiffany will always hold its value and would be a lovely "heirloom" piece too

monkeysmama Tue 28-Oct-08 17:09:03

Thanks ladies - sorry it took a while to respond.

The one you posted Louandben is actually the one I'd looked at on line and really, really like. For soem reason I didn't think of Tiffany when I htough of watches - will check it out now!

Thanks again.

MM

mynameisluka Tue 28-Oct-08 17:15:20

I have a Tiffany one too this one

TheGashlycrumbTinies Tue 28-Oct-08 17:29:24

I have a Cartier Santos watch as I don't like delicate watches. It is by no means bling, it is classic, and I will always wear it.

mynameisluka Tue 28-Oct-08 17:29:30

this is my favourite though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now