Talk

Advanced search

Help! Shopping tomorrow for leaving gifts for a guy from work, I need your opinions.

(8 Posts)
flibertyplus2 Fri 24-Oct-08 21:24:55

(I had started this in dad section but no one around so copied here and will request the other is deleted.)

One of the guys at work is leaving this week and we've had a collection for presents. I only have tomorrow to buy them so I really need to be able to buy them in store rather than online.

I have 100 quid to spend and I'm thinking
1) Starbucks vouchers
2) Vouchers for computer games shop
3) I also want his main present to be something he can keep and use, I'm thinking of cufflinks.

He's 29, no kids, lives with gf and he's big on the gym. He dresses smart for work and I've noticed he wears cufflinks before - wish I'd paid more attention to the type that he likes now though!

Someone suggested Simon Carter cufflinks so can you please give me your opinions on these? or suggest others that I could get in a store tomorrow?

Thanks!

suggy Sat 25-Oct-08 10:25:57

retro ?

The M&S ones are quite nice. Some nice autograph ones.

Or how about a plain cashmere scarf - add a touch of luxury & you never would buy for yourself ?

M&S touch of luxury

geordieminx Sat 25-Oct-08 10:30:55

29 with no kids you say? Get him vouchers for weatherspoons...he'll love you forever..... 100 quid? Thats probably at least 4 ridiculously drunk nights grin.

Agree cufflinks are nice, some times jewellers do nice 'designer' ones. Or how bout a nice pen?

flibertyplus2 Sat 25-Oct-08 18:20:00

Hi,

I'm back from shopping now. In the end I bought these:
www.johnlewis.com/230501054/Product.aspx (I'll include the receipt in just in case)

and 50 quid of vouchers for his favourite computer game shop
and 5 quid Starbucks vouchers as he loves their coffee

What do you think?

needmorecoffee Sat 25-Oct-08 18:22:09

vouchers. Who'd want to get cufflinks!

ShinyPinkPumpkin Sat 25-Oct-08 18:23:14

Sounds like you made great choices

MyDaggerling Sat 25-Oct-08 18:39:01

Good choices, my Dh says he would appreciate these!

flibertyplus2 Sat 25-Oct-08 18:48:33

Aw thanks smile

I hope he likes them. It's quite a responsibility to buy an appropriate present for someone you only know a bit and with other people's money!

I'm feeling better now, I was quite stressed out about this earlier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now