Talk

Advanced search

Moving from temporary to permanent hair colour, help ...

(7 Posts)
woodenchair Fri 24-Oct-08 19:45:10

Have been successfully covering my grey for about 2 year with semiperm colour, my hairdresser used to put it on, she was very good at it and it didn't wash out.

She's working more hours now in a salon can't do it any more, so I'm trying to do it myself with less success (it's washing out, so I'm getting more regrowth)

Does anyone have any tips about which permanent colour to go for and whether I'm ok going straight from semi to perm colour?

tia smile

cocoleBOO Fri 24-Oct-08 19:49:00

What colour are you thinking of using? The L'Oreal one with the highlighter in it is very good, The'll be no problems moving from one to another.

cocoleBOO Fri 24-Oct-08 19:52:40

L'Oreal Couleur Experte. I think that's it.

woodenchair Fri 24-Oct-08 20:08:45

ooooh I hadn't thought of going as far as highlights!

I'm dark brown at the moment, it's a bit darker than I want it though, due to picking the wrong colour about 3 months ago. So atm my roots are slightly lighter than the ends.

I've been using l'oreal casting so I should prob stick with the same brand?

Any tips about applying it?

gingertabby Fri 24-Oct-08 20:36:38

why not try nice and easy that way you could use semi till you get the right colour then go for permnate smile

shakennotstirred Fri 24-Oct-08 21:24:15

I love L'Oreal Couleur Experte and use it frequently...my hairdresser is always really impressed with the results My tip (and she also recommends) getting someone else to apply the highlights. Generally the results have been fab and I'm always getting compliments on the colour.

woodenchair Tue 28-Oct-08 21:21:27

Thanks for your help, the Couleur Experte sounds great, but a bit advanced for me.

Have bought another l'oreal one that's the same colour as my semi so fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now