Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

hair disaster

(7 Posts)
metmoo Fri 24-Oct-08 18:31:24

after work yesterday i went to a hairdresser in leominster ive been there a few times some good. on one occassion she cut the sides so one side was obviously longer than the other so i had to have it cut shorter, although it had taken me ages to get the length. anyway im trying to grow it back and it was just below the neckline, and i asked for a trim.she cut it it and said she had feathered the back and kept the lenghth. she flashed mirror quickly and with a quick look i thought it was more than a bit short, when i got home my husband had a look and said it was completely uneven and wispy on sides but nothing between. he took photo and showed me how very short it was, she had taken about 3 inches off. im gutted.
i went to another stylist in adifferent salon today and she had to cut all of my hair as it was uneven all over. she had to shorten it more as the layers were so short but she did a brill job with what hair i had

lou33 Fri 24-Oct-08 18:53:25

did you go and complain to the original salon?

metmoo Fri 24-Oct-08 19:05:22

yes i phoned them as i live 15 miles away. they didnt seem at all interested not even an apology

lou33 Fri 24-Oct-08 22:11:03

oh dear how v unhelpful

my friends jointly own a salon and they always listen and try to solve on the rare occasion someone is not happy, even if they think it looks ok themselves

soopermum1 Sat 25-Oct-08 21:57:12

you have my sympathy. i myself an awaiting a call from manager of salon that mutilated my hair. doubt i'll get one so will choose next saturday to pop in and 'discuss' in a louder than usual voice

lou33 Sat 25-Oct-08 22:07:19

i agree that going into a salon would probably have more impact as they dont want the clients losing faith

Iworryalot Sat 25-Oct-08 22:20:14

some stylists do theses funny layers like what they call dissfnctional hairs cut ( sorry bad spelling )slicing fethering what ever after a few weeks all looks split and unevon ... i know iv had it done .... may work in london or salons that done rely on regular clients , but not on all salons and more importantly all hair types ..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: