Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

afternoon tea at the ritz what to wear when pregnant

(10 Posts)
mamaspanx Thu 23-Oct-08 14:39:38

will be having afternoon tea at ritz in celebration of major achievement of family member next month and everyone will be dressed smartly...i will be 24wks pregnant with a substantial bump, can i wear my normal maternity clothes...long black skirt, black top and a nice brooch type thing to jazz it up or should i be raiding the isabella oliver website for something a bit more 'more'.

how smart is it? can i be forgiven because i'm pregnant? will have a two hr journey there so don't want to be too ott on a coach!

filz Thu 23-Oct-08 14:40:46

i am sure it will be fine

RubyShivers Thu 23-Oct-08 14:41:32

oh, you will have a GREAT time

no dress code for women but men must wear a jacket and tie

Lauriefairycake Thu 23-Oct-08 14:42:11

what you're wearing sounds lovely - maybe jazz it up with a scarf and pay serious attention to proper make-up and nice hair.

It's not that smart for women though think men have to at least wear a jacket and tie.

mamaspanx Thu 23-Oct-08 15:01:10

thanks for the replies, very helpful. i'm not used to trying to look smart!

check the hair and makeup definately.

MrsMattie Thu 23-Oct-08 15:02:44

What you suggested sounds fine. Accessories are the way to go. You need to be comfy when you;re pregnant and wearing loose enough clothing to fit in all those scones and cream cakes grin

mamaspanx Thu 23-Oct-08 15:04:05

mil has a 'wow' andrew logan brooch so will ask to borrow to pin a nice drapey shawl

p1umpudding Fri 24-Oct-08 20:44:49

The Ritz isn't as formal as you think. Why not show off your bump and wear a maternity wrap dress? I wore the red one from Isabella Oliver whenever I went out and felt a million dollars. It won't crease after your coach journey either.

georgimama Fri 24-Oct-08 20:49:09

Don't wear trainer type shoes though, they won't let you in. I'm sure you weren't going to, just thought I would flag it up.

ledodgy Fri 24-Oct-08 20:53:07

Yes I agree with maternity wrap dress they are very flattering and you'll look lovely.

I can't help sniggering at the fact that this would never ever be a predicament I would find myself in! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now