Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WHat to wear to a big party that is on the smarter side of casual?

(26 Posts)
bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 23-Oct-08 13:47:31

I am particularly fat at the moment, have good legs good shoulders
but Tummy is looking 5-6 months pregnant (AM NOT) and confidence at an all time low.

Can't get out of going so what to wear (need to be able to wear a bra - G cup Norks.

any thoughts?

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 23-Oct-08 13:53:13

smile - anyone??

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 23-Oct-08 13:56:55

aware this sounds desperate but Bump

Poppycake Thu 23-Oct-08 14:07:55

how about a short but floaty skirt ( for the showing off of legs) with a vest top on top covered with a chiffony blouse.

This is My Look, because have tummy issues since dd2, but like you the legs are still OK, and I find the vest + blouse combo shows off the boobies without looking tarty!

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 23-Oct-08 21:12:44

bump

newgirl Thu 23-Oct-08 21:38:22

how tall are you? if you have great legs can you wear high shoes/boots? black wrap or tightish fitting top with sparkly black swirly skirt to draw attention to the legs?

Waswondering Thu 23-Oct-08 21:40:18

I would start from the skin out and get some really good underwear - eg those slimming body things that smooth everything out iykwim - then from there you can try different things knowing that they look good on you!

fishie Thu 23-Oct-08 21:42:49

what shape are you size? waist?

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 23-Oct-08 21:43:50

am 5ft 7 can wear heels, have spanx higher power dress size 16

fishie Thu 23-Oct-08 21:45:27

how's this?

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 23-Oct-08 21:46:53

beautiful but couldnt wear a bra with that back.. and i have to have them strapped in smile

fishie Thu 23-Oct-08 21:50:36

lovely shape but i don't think black for you.

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 23-Oct-08 21:53:01

OOh I like that very much... is it a bit mortitia ?

fishie Thu 23-Oct-08 21:59:35

i am a bit worried about black when you are fair. but the shape is so nice and the v-neck lace stuff is fab.

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 23-Oct-08 22:00:30

will go and have a look we have a coast store near by..
thanks very very much smile

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 24-Oct-08 11:59:16

so rummidging through the wardrobe this morning I found a flappy black Sequinned skirt that will fit once I have my Spanx on... am thinking it needs a chiffon/sheer top over a black vest type thing..

any ideas?

NoMatterWhoIAmJustType Fri 24-Oct-08 12:05:39

What shape are you?

If you have slim hips I would say lovely slim trousers with heels and a long sleeved top.

But the skirt sounds gorgeous, could it work with a fine knit long sleeved grey top, to sort of balance out the sparkle?

Oh and cuban heel tights and high heels.

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 24-Oct-08 12:08:12

what are cuban heel tights??
good hips all the fat is out front blush

saw this just now not sure how it will look with the skirt

NoMatterWhoIAmJustType Fri 24-Oct-08 12:14:11

That looks lovely.

But I'd wear with quite thick plain black tights, or none if you have good legs. But then make sure your shoes are very simple. A heeled court shoe or mary jane ideally or very simple strappy sandals.

Cuban heels are tights with little detail at the heel and a thick black seam up the back, they can look nice, not as hookerish as they sound. wink

NoMatterWhoIAmJustType Fri 24-Oct-08 12:15:05

Or that top with a very plain black pencil skirt?

mazzystartled Fri 24-Oct-08 12:23:30

nice top, but i think needs plain bottom half
not with glitzy skirt
needs sleek, chic cigarette pants and
may not be that great with big norks either

i'm not helping much am i

i think skirt will need a simple top, elegant grey knitwear over, black opaques, patent heel and jewellery jewllery

NoMatterWhoIAmJustType Fri 24-Oct-08 12:25:51

Are you just agreeing with me here mazzy or do we have the exact same thought processes? grin

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 24-Oct-08 12:27:04

Have been searching.. can you help with where to find the top?

I love the colour of the principles top.. I get that it will probably be too much over spangly skirt...

mazzystartled Fri 24-Oct-08 12:27:57

i think i am just slow at typing!

but it seems we agree
smile

NoMatterWhoIAmJustType Fri 24-Oct-08 12:36:39

M&S? Gap? Benneton? Though Zara is probably your best bet, or a department store. Take the skirt with you if you go out shopping so you can try them on together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now