Talk

Advanced search

Little Black Dress questions - advice needed!

(13 Posts)
LynetteScavo Thu 23-Oct-08 13:37:11

I plan to wear a LBT to an evening wedding reception in November

1. Is this OK?

2. Should I wear black or nude tights?

3. I'm planning to buy a grey balero cardigan thingy to go with it. Do I still have to wear black shoes or could I wear grey?

4. Can you tell I don't get out much? smile

hermykne Thu 23-Oct-08 13:40:46

is the grey dark or pale
pale grey imo wont work over black, something stronger like purple or magenta or vibrant like pink or red.
match tights to your shoes
however if you wear black shoes you could wear a really fun coloured pair of tights and wear a black bolero jacket.
match nail varnish to your tights then!

LynetteScavo Thu 23-Oct-08 13:47:42

Its' dark gray (graphite) - will try to find a link. I look awful in all black - but don't do bright and black well either.

LynetteScavo Thu 23-Oct-08 14:04:51

bollaro top What do you think?

LynetteScavo Thu 23-Oct-08 16:25:25

Bump - I really need to get this sorted!!!!

samsonara Thu 23-Oct-08 16:41:51

That's a lovely bolero, it will look nice over a black dress. As its evening I think sheer tights will look best with black heels. As it's a classic safe look. If you go for grey shoes, then I think keep the tights nude as the shoe colour matching the bolero will pull the outfit together. I would avoid the coloured tights as it can be hard to pull off as the tone and denier is important too.

hermykne Thu 23-Oct-08 16:49:18

samsonara
disagree over nude tights, Lynette go for colour!! the bolero looks dressy!

samsonara Thu 23-Oct-08 17:42:45

You could be right it might be fabulous combination. I think it depends on the dress really and probably how legs are as the colour emphasises calf size, ankle with etc, whereas, nude just makes legs look natural with a shimmer maybe amd sheer black is great as the edges outline legs and make them look longer and thinner esp if wearing heels.

LynetteScavo Thu 23-Oct-08 20:50:33

I have fat calves.

Linwin Thu 23-Oct-08 21:23:37

Nice bolero but it will shed bits of crap all over your black dress for sure.

I would go for purple and back - all the style this season.

Definitely wouldn't go for nude tights - yuck! none or opaque.

Have you thought about wearing some coloured shoes (red or purple) instead to lift the black dress?

LynetteScavo Thu 23-Oct-08 22:37:22

I had thought about coloured shoes....so I would wear coloured shoes and black thights?

Ewe Thu 23-Oct-08 22:47:41

You need a brooch for the bolero I think!

I think yes go for coloured shoes and black tights. Or if you don't want to do bright colours then just something a bit different, like this or something patent, basically you need a wow factor!

LynetteScavo Thu 23-Oct-08 22:52:01

Ohh, I hadn't thought about a brooch - you're right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now