Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yes yes, I'm judging wildly, but really, should people be wearing...

(45 Posts)
BloodyStranglingwithBling Wed 22-Oct-08 14:20:52

things just because they're fashionable? Or because they used to wear it when they were younger/thinner/worked in a different industry?

Right, I'll probably be slammed for being judgemental but... here are two that I have seen recently that I just wanted to scream "why?! Why?!" [disclaimer - am size 16 and need to lose weight. Am not most stylish dresser. But like to think I don't put my definitely too-big tummy, my least attractive feature, on inappropriate show].

On train this morning, an attractive, slightly large but by no means fat woman with big calves and thighs but nice neat little ankles was wearing... a mid thigh mini skirt and delicate little heels. It just emphasised the size of her legs, which considering she had nice ankles was a crime. A mid calf skirt would have been better?

In lift at work, city, the other day, I came across a woman (on a friday) wearing low cut hipster jeans with black g-string sticking out and tight tank top. She had flabby arms and a small muffin top, although was overall quite slim. Showed up unattractive bits AND inappropriate!

Anyone have any others?

jumpingbeans Wed 22-Oct-08 14:23:40

I really don't care what other people wear, don't bother me one bit, if she likes it, what's it got to do with me

southeastastra Wed 22-Oct-08 14:30:48

i'm worried about the amount of velour trackie bottoms they have in m & s this year. expecting to see lots of wobbly bums this autumn

Gobbledigook Wed 22-Oct-08 14:33:49

oh SEA, I love my velour tracky bottoms (but I don't wear them out)

mrsmaidamess Wed 22-Oct-08 14:34:58

Sometimes its hard to find anything that isn't 'fashion' in the shops. They think that just because Agnes Deyn's worn it or Kate flippin Moss has ben papped in it then we ALL need it.

But agree folk should think of body shape first, and fashion second.

Upwind Wed 22-Oct-08 14:36:02

I keep seeing women wearing velour tracksuit bottoms with JUICY written across the arse, makes me vaguely queasy

MamaG Wed 22-Oct-08 14:36:54

<shudder> at mid calf length skirts - they don't suit anybody. just below the knee would have been better

<<judges judgy op>> grin

TheDuchessOfNorksDied Wed 22-Oct-08 14:37:57

I saw a woman in a suit this morning and it looked terrible. I never noticed what charmless outfits they were when I worked in town but I now think, regardless of cut & quality, that they reek of 'customer services dept'. All that straight-jacket tailoring. Bleurgh.

<pulls on wellies and goes out to burn all my jackets>

plumandolive Wed 22-Oct-08 14:41:25

MamaG- agree about knee lenth skirts.

And low cut jeans and muffin tops really * really* annoy me, particularly with the g string bit.
And I know I keep sounding like my Mum..blush
But I hate it, it's unneccessary, I don't want to see bits of flab deliberately emphasised, it is chavvy and common, and unstylish. So there...

velour is wrong.

SpookyButNice Wed 22-Oct-08 14:43:25

There was a woman/girl in the lift at my office the other day wearing a skin tight, fanjo-skimming skirt - yes she had great legs but it was totally inappropriate for work (unless she's moonlighting as a stripper in her lunch-hour).

Oh I look crap today btw. I have on boyfriend jeans that are about half a size too big so keep falling down, I have put on weight so look lumpy and horrible, a dingy green vest top, and a grey cardy that has creosote stains on when you look closely

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Wed 22-Oct-08 14:45:48

jeans with slashes in the bum.

WHY FGS............WHY

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Wed 22-Oct-08 14:46:52

flame, you didn;t look crap. Tired and in pain maybe, but not crap.

and I did not notice creosote either!

OrmIrian Wed 22-Oct-08 14:48:29

I do think that it should be compulsory for everyone to look at the rearview in the mirror before they leave the house in the morning. Because judging by most of the mums taking their children to school, they don't! All I can say is thank f* leggings went out of fashion.....

<spoke as someone with a big arse who is very conscious of it and as a consequence can rarely be persuaded out of monklike swathing>

LittleMyDancingWithTheDevil Wed 22-Oct-08 14:48:47

we always call mid calf skirts 'Pat Butcher length'....grin

Rhubarb Wed 22-Oct-08 14:49:27

I saw a very fit man the other day wearing clothes. Which I felt was completely inappropriate! He should have been bollocknaked, it would have suited him much better!

Thanks Psycho. The creosote blends in with the darker patches of the cardy - I thought it had all washed out to begin with, but have spotted it the last couple of days

lmao @ Rhubarb!!

MadBadandWieldingAnAxe Wed 22-Oct-08 14:51:37

<<recoils at mention of whale tail (visible thong top) and retreats to a darkened room to lie down>>

RamblingRosa Wed 22-Oct-08 15:08:27

I try not to be too judgmental but sometimes I give in to my mean side. I saw a girl on Oxford St on Saturday wearing such a short skirt that you could see her tights gusset hanging down below it (you know they way tights do if they're a bit too small and the gusset ends up by your knees!). It was bad. Really bad.

jura Wed 22-Oct-08 15:15:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Wed 22-Oct-08 15:15:09

I wanna see a fit lookin bloke that should be naked.....<<<wail>>>

I am clearly living in the wrong town!

puppydavies Wed 22-Oct-08 15:18:42

hate to break it to you jura you are Out Of Touch knee socks are fashionable :P

jura Wed 22-Oct-08 15:22:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now