Talk

Advanced search

How to look vaguely ok in the rain when pushing a pram...?

(18 Posts)
cupcake76 Wed 22-Oct-08 09:41:05

Message withdrawn

TheDevilWearsPrimark Wed 22-Oct-08 09:42:14

Such things are the mumsnet holy grail.

Would a parka be your style?

cupcake76 Wed 22-Oct-08 09:51:18

Message withdrawn

cupcake76 Wed 22-Oct-08 09:51:37

Message withdrawn

I wore a hat. I had a "Granny" one, a rainhat that I used when it was bucketing, and a smarter one for when it was just a wee bit wet.

bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 22-Oct-08 09:54:09

cupcake76 - I have a thigh length Peter Storm cagoule it is navy blue with small whit flowers on it. the hood packs away if you don't need it.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Wed 22-Oct-08 09:56:25

Why on earth doesn't someone invent an umbrella that can attach to a pram.

Though there's the fact it would look a bit ridiculous.

Anna8888 Wed 22-Oct-08 10:00:11

A rain hat.

I have one similar to this that looks good with anything. I have pinned a brooch on it to liven it up.

This one, or one similar did not look quite so good but kept me dry

omeNofthefleshes Wed 22-Oct-08 10:01:59

ermm there is a umbrella that does stick onto you pram..however have never used one.

Ooops, sorry linked to the same one twice. Try this

cupcake76 Wed 22-Oct-08 16:54:48

Message withdrawn

Furball Wed 22-Oct-08 16:57:06

devilwearsprimark - taadaa buggy brolly

samsonara Wed 22-Oct-08 18:14:31

Yes good idea to get something longish for the really rainy and windy days. I've got a PVC leather look double breasted coat which I bought years ago from a market and its perfect for that type of day, other days I wear a trench, a parka or a coat. I've got that second hat MmeTussauds. It always seem to rain at pick up time around here.. so I always carry a hat in my bag, I find brolly too impractical most days. What I really want is this
this

MamaHobgoblin Wed 22-Oct-08 20:58:24

I do have a brolly that clips onto my buggy, but it's a bit crap - the handle keeps on unattaching, and if the wind catches it, you, ah, have to walk a bit faster or watch your baby being propelled away from you!

smellyeli Wed 22-Oct-08 21:09:31

Surrender, surrender! Just buy a really good waterproof jacket - you'll be needing it for walks in the park, school runs, standing on the side of football pitches..... In fact, just buy some waterproof trousers whilst your at it. And some hiking trainers. And when you wear your coat with the hood up, put your glasses on so that they steam up, and then catch sight of yourself in a shop window and ask yourself 'When did my mother arrive?'

I'm just bitter,it's taken me this long to realise that I have completely lost my sense of style and that practicality and comfort are my main priorities........

SpongebobControlpants Thu 23-Oct-08 09:32:35

I've gone down the waterproof coat road, too. From Blacks I think it was. Not terribly stylish, but to my shame I find i wear it practically all the time 'in case' it rains.

I'm telling myself I will once again (?) be stylish when DC are older and no pushchair required.

KatieDD Thu 23-Oct-08 10:58:15

Coming soon, looks like some Mums have actually designed one for us http://www.theraindance.org/
I meant to post the link when they were being voted for and they lost by just 10 votes, was kicking myself, sorry ladies if you are reading this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now