Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a vote on the Land's End Stadium Squall Coat please?

(45 Posts)
Ceolas Tue 21-Oct-08 21:59:56

Before I spend £120 shock

I need all the usual... warm, waterproof, hood, length, etc. But I am 5ft 4 and size 18/20. Will I look like a sack of spuds in this? hmm

Tommy Tue 21-Oct-08 22:00:57

link?

expatinscotland Tue 21-Oct-08 22:02:41

i'm getting the extreme squall coat.

but blush, it's being brought over from America as my Xmas gift and is only £50.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Tue 21-Oct-08 22:02:44

I think it'll be too long and too shapeless, tbh. But it depends what it's for - if you're planning to wear it to watch football, and just need warmth above anything else, maybe go for it.

Ceolas Tue 21-Oct-08 22:03:42

Sorry, here

Ceolas Tue 21-Oct-08 22:05:06

No it needs to be multifunctional at that price I'm afraid. But mostly for walking up and down to school/shops and the likes.

MinkyBorage Tue 21-Oct-08 22:08:12

it's water resistant, not waterproof!

Tommy Tue 21-Oct-08 22:10:21

can you get it shorter? i.e. what does "petite" mean - for short people or very skinny people? I am 5'4" and I probably wouldn't wear a coat that length as it looks like it would touch the floor

Heated Tue 21-Oct-08 22:11:18

It's gonna come down to your ankles!

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Tue 21-Oct-08 22:14:03

I'm a size 20, and the same height as you, and I tried this one, but it completely swamped me - even though it wasn't too big, iyswim. I ended up with the jacket version, which was neater, somehow, and more flattering. But it's more of an autumn one, and doesn't have a hood. I can understand why you want the stadium squall - maybe order a few other options, to see. Shame they never seem to do free returns at Lands End.

Ceolas Tue 21-Oct-08 22:20:22

Argh, I thought I had found IT...

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Tue 21-Oct-08 22:21:09

Try it, but try some others too. It might be fine...

Ceolas Tue 21-Oct-08 22:22:57

You didn't try the stadium squall, Jackie?

percent Tue 21-Oct-08 22:25:39

I have this, I got it last year and it is fabulous. Really warm, wind and waterproof. Nice big hood that you can pull to fit. I'm 5ft 7 and it comes at least an inch if not more below my knee. Lots of pockets too. Great for when I walk the dog and do school runs etc.

But....... I don't care how I look, so for that bit you need to ask someone else who cares. I just wanted to be warm and dry and it ticks all those boxes. Mine is lilac/purple, I got it half price, maybe because of the colour. grin The older kids call it my mad, old lady coat, (I'm really selling it to you now aren't I?) they just shook their heads in despair at the colour.

Seriously it's a great coat, I love mine! If anything happened to it, I would get another one straight away.

frogs Tue 21-Oct-08 22:28:24

I have one. It is not a sexy coat by any stretch, but not hideous either. The sizing comes up quite big.

I'm v. pleased with mine, as a 'walk to school in all weathers' coat. it's warm, and I dig the hood.

Thumbs up from me.

Ceolas Tue 21-Oct-08 22:28:39

So it's going to be about calf length on me then?

Probably a bit long...

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Tue 21-Oct-08 22:29:04

Ceolas, no, it wasn't what I was after - was after something more lightweight at the time. (I have one of those 3-in-1 waterproof jobbies with a zip-in fleecy bit for the really cold weather. Shame it's in bright pink - I think of it as my 'Mr Blobby' coatblush).

Ceolas Tue 21-Oct-08 22:29:16

What height are you frogs?

Walk to school in all weathers is what I'm looking for.

Ceolas Tue 21-Oct-08 22:29:51

I always find the zip-in fleece type really bulky.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Tue 21-Oct-08 22:29:58

it will make you look fat even if you aren't

Heated Tue 21-Oct-08 22:30:03

Just be browsing the site and don't know if it's already been linked but I like this

Ceolas Tue 21-Oct-08 22:31:00

That's my fear kerry. I don't need any help in that department

frogs Tue 21-Oct-08 22:32:13

I am 5'11". It covers my knees.

I don't think mine makes me look fat, but then I'm not, really (size 14).

Ceolas Tue 21-Oct-08 22:33:28

Ach, it's going to be too long.

Not desperate on furry hoods, heated.

codtrolfreaky Tue 21-Oct-08 22:37:15

ceolas, do you reall need something that will keep you warm in -32 degrees? how often is it REALLY cold.... if you want something for everyday i think you need something less bulky / sackish...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now