Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

has anyone ever got a full refund from the hairdresser?

(10 Posts)
soopermum1 Tue 21-Oct-08 21:54:45

i've just had a dreadful haircut, not what i asked for. i asked for 1.5 inches off the style i already had, not bloody difficult. instead i got something the hairdreser oviously thought i should have.i insisted she take another inch off the bottom to try to even up the layers, but is still absolutely horrible. am really not usually the kind to be bothered by a dodgy haircut, but am soooooooo pissed off. she even tried to argue with me. i didn't tip and left the hairdressers just about in tears. i want them to cut more off the bottom to try to even it up more and get a full refund. how likely am i to get this do you reckon? has anyone every managed this?

HRHSaintMamazon Tue 21-Oct-08 21:57:07

i would say to go back tomorrow and ask to see the seniour stylist.
get them to fix your hair and ask for a refund....they MUST fix your hair but how sucessfull you are at getting your money back will depend on how good they are at customer service.

mazzystartled Tue 21-Oct-08 21:58:36

poor you - is it salvagable in any way?

when toni and guy ballsed up my haircut they cut it and coloured it for free until it was as I'd asked for it [3 visits]

soopermum1 Tue 21-Oct-08 22:01:24

problem is, they can't fix my hair, really, unless they glue it back on grin i'm stuck with it til it grows out and i've paid £37 for it as well. bythe time they're done 'fixing' my hair will be at least 2 inches shorter than planned with still horrible layers.

aaargh! can i just repeat, i am usually not precious re hair, i know it'll grow back, am just angry especially as my request was so simple.

snigger Tue 21-Oct-08 22:10:50

My niece got a one-off payment of £300 - she had bottom length hair, and the trainee cut it to just under shoulder blade length - tbh I thought it looked great, but SIL was so upset and incensed by the diversion from her request for a 'tidy-up', the hairdresser immediately offered the settlement.

Not a great fan of compensation culture per se, but you paid for a service and their work has made you feel bad - you don't pay someone to make you feel bad in a service industry, go back, take a (strong-willed) friend, ask them firmly to fix it.

cthea Tue 21-Oct-08 22:16:48

I had a bad haircut once and wouldn't have said anything but on leaving I was asked if i wanted to make my next booking. I said "only if it's free" then burst into tears. They gave me a voucher for a free next haircut and also had it done there and then by the manager. I didn't take them up on their offer afterwards and found another hairdresser. I think you should complain, it's a lot of money and they should have listened to you.

kettlechip Wed 22-Oct-08 20:17:05

I once saved up and paid £120 for a top stylist to cut and colour my hair, and it was absolutely vile. A hideous brassy blonde which didn't suit me at all. I even felt embarrassed walking home with such horrible hair.

I left a bit shell shocked but phoned the manager once I got home and they sorted it for me first thing the next day. No compensation though, although I had to take time off work to get it re-done.

Quattrocento Wed 22-Oct-08 20:20:41

Yes. From Vidal Sassoon. I am not telling you what they did but it was bad. Full refund. I rather thought compensation might have been in order.

<lesson for me - if they look like they are cocking up, they probably are. Object early. Before they paint permanent black tramlines down your face in tragic-middle-aged-goth look, rather than nice chestnut brown glossy look>

kingprawntikka Thu 23-Oct-08 12:43:52

My old hairdresser once coloured my hair the wrong colour. I said it wasn't right instantly, and she suggested washing it with a strong shampoo for a few days to fade it a bit. I could just tell from the next day (after much frantic washing!) that it wasn't making any difference , so I went back and asked for it to be re- done for free. The problem was that the wrong colour was black and the second colour didn't make much difference so i had to go back again, and on the third go it was acceptable . I didn't pay for the second two lots of colouring but didn't get the first refunded.

soopermum1 Thu 30-Oct-08 14:41:31

just an update really. got hair recut, but still awful, basicaly, nothing can be done until it grows some more. but, i did get my money back in full without an argument! grin

am now heavily experimenting with hair accessories to pin it back until it grows a bit more, and the cold weather is suiting my new love afair with hats

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now