Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what would you do about bad quality boots?

(11 Posts)
brimfull Mon 20-Oct-08 16:17:12

dd bought these at the beginning of september.
She has had the heels done as they wore down almost immediately.Now the sole is coming away from the boot.Could probably be fixed with glue but haven't asked at the shoe repair place yet.
I am shocked at the crap quality of £80 boots!
Would you complain or just get them mended bearing in mind we'd probably have to send them back and she'd be without boots for weeks then.

hanaflower Mon 20-Oct-08 16:18:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Liffey Mon 20-Oct-08 16:20:46

Definitely. I took a pair back to Clarkes recently, and I was all geared up for a big campaign, and they just said "ok madame".

It was easy. Definitely bring them back. The worst you'll get is a credit note for a new pair.

brimfull Mon 20-Oct-08 16:24:33

we have no receipt

Liffey Mon 20-Oct-08 16:26:32

I'd still try. Does it say Aldo on the boot somewhere? Ring customer services first, and get the company's policy so that you can tell the people on the shop floor. Maybe you won't see cash, but I don't think they can refuse a credit note if the boot is faulty. LEGALLY speaking, I think the insistence on a receipt is the shop being precious. I think.

hanaflower Mon 20-Oct-08 16:27:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brimfull Mon 20-Oct-08 16:32:31

right thanks will take them back

widgypog Mon 20-Oct-08 16:58:51

dont want to be mean but how old is your dd? I would say that those boots are sold as adult shoes and I have seen how badly teenagers walk these days. Obv not saying she walks badly but teenagers definately give clothes and shoes much more grief than an adult and they may use this card. smile

Liffey Mon 20-Oct-08 18:18:56

?? do teenagers walk in some strange way that wears away shoes more quickly?

brimfull Mon 20-Oct-08 18:27:40

widgypog-she is nearly 17 and walks like an adult

I too wasn't aware teens walked differently to adults.

You may be observing the fake ugg boot walk though(falling to one side)...the fault of the boots I think rather than the teen

widgypog Mon 20-Oct-08 18:56:05

that was why I asked how old she is.. wasn't meaning to offend . But yes the teenagers I see around town , obviously only a small section of the population do drag their feet and shoes go over to the side alot and if she was younger she may have been running around in them etc which is obviously not what they are designed for as they are a fashion shoe. Like I said no offence meant just wanted to point out something they may use in defence so you could have a reply

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now