Talk

Advanced search

why do people obsess about what they are going to wear to weddings?

(7 Posts)
filz Mon 20-Oct-08 15:53:20

Does it really matter if you buy your outfit from primark?

<shes says nervously>

filz Mon 20-Oct-08 17:03:27

do you all obsess then?

am i going to be a social outcast?

actually I think I may cancel. I hate weddings anyway

stillstanding Mon 20-Oct-08 17:10:10

People obsess because it is An Occasion and therefore nice to look nice.

But really no one (sensible) cares where your outfit comes from. Just that you made a bit of an effort.

As to whether you go or not, depends on who is getting married and whether you want to witness it or not. I love going to the weddings of the people I care about but must admit to finding the weddings of people I barely know fairly tedious.

filz Mon 20-Oct-08 17:13:21

its my cousin and I do really like him, so would like to go. I am just broke. My mother went out and has spent £200 on one outfit 'as everyone will look posh and so should I'hmm I have got to travel half the country and buy outfits for a family of five. Then a present

I am just half pissed off with my mother and the other fed up as I have no money

and then a bit extra thinking everyone will thi8nk I am a mess, aswell as going on how fat I am as usual

anyway

MeMySonAndI Mon 20-Oct-08 17:21:52

Don't worry about the outfit, a primark one will do provided you feel comfortable about it. I think that the importatnt thing is to focus on the great time you will have when you see your cousin and other nice people from your family you may have not seen in ages.

pagwatch Mon 20-Oct-08 17:25:02

the way to work out how important it is try recalling as many outfits as you can from the last wedding you attended.Can you in fact remember any?

It is sad yet strangely comforting to at last realise that the only person who gives a crap what you are wearing is you.

They are all to busy worrying about what everyone thinks of their outfits.

filz Mon 20-Oct-08 17:43:32

I can remember that one of my aunts had a spray tan and peacock on her head and looked like a drag queen

does that count?

I think I am just wound up aswell as I dont think any of them have taken on board how disabled my daughter is. They are so wrapped up in themselves (this is usual). The cousin who is getting married is the only one not like it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now