DrNortherner Mon 20-Oct-08 09:39:37

My legs lok like two sausages. Yuk.

Never again.

fishie Mon 20-Oct-08 09:40:36

what have you got on with them?

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 20-Oct-08 09:41:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DrNortherner Mon 20-Oct-08 09:59:35

Maybe they are too thick and shiny. I thin I need less denier.

I have on a black skirt (knee length with 2 kick pleats and a grey cashmere short sleeved polo nick and black knee high boots.

DrNortherner Mon 20-Oct-08 10:00:20

So yes please Mal I need tight advice...

MadreInglese Mon 20-Oct-08 10:02:40

We'll need to see some pics of your sausages legs before we can comment really..... wink

DrNortherner Mon 20-Oct-08 10:03:20

Maybe it's because I am not used to them?

But they look wrong.....

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 20-Oct-08 10:05:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadreInglese Mon 20-Oct-08 10:05:47

You get a very different picture of your body looking down from the top of it - have you any full length mirrors in the loos you can look in? Bet you they look better when you see the whole outfit together, and you're not just gawping at your not-normally-purple legs.

DrNortherner Mon 20-Oct-08 10:25:59

No full length mirror in the office...

No one has recoiled in horror at my purpleness so maybe I just need ti get used to them.

asdmumandteacher Mon 20-Oct-08 10:26:42

I love my purple asda tights!! Yay!!!!

Jewelsandgems Mon 20-Oct-08 11:38:50

Agree that they need to be super-thick. Mine are from accessorize and they are the darker less 'vibrant' purple colour called plum or something. The thing is, they are also a bit on the short side for me and so sneak down from waist to hip creating unflattering lines under dresses/tops etc (long leg syndrome)and only come in one size. Think may have to go someewhere else for my next pair of purple tights.

How are the asda ones for length?

Witchka Mon 20-Oct-08 11:42:55

Can I just say you may think purple is bad but on a whim I bought some green ones, and thought they'd go with my dark green suede boots. Ended up looking like Robin Hood all day. Beware.

wahwah Mon 20-Oct-08 11:47:30

Asda tights rubbish for length. I got large because I have stupid long legs and am tall and they hung about 2 inches below my crotch. J&G, try XL or another shop (M&S L fine).

DrNortherner Mon 20-Oct-08 13:00:00

Mine are Matalan and I can see flesh through the knees. Hmmm.

Think I would prefer plum - these are putrid purple.

Whatever possessed me?

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Mon 20-Oct-08 13:01:50

If your skirt is knee length and your boots knee high, how can you see they look like sausages unless you are in the habit of lifting your skirt up?

DrNortherner Mon 20-Oct-08 13:05:15

Although I say knee high boots they are sock boots and sit below my knee. Although I said knee length skirt it probably sits just above my knee so there is a good bit of purple on display.

MatBackFeck Mon 20-Oct-08 14:11:58

funny I usually think that about my legs but have got some purple 60 den from GAP and they looked better than normal, I was quite pleased! I too think thicker = better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now