Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me - I need to find some shoes to go with a 'claret' bridesmaid dress <tall order request>!

(7 Posts)
slackrunner Sun 19-Oct-08 19:34:06

I'm going to be a bridesmaid (or matrony type person) at a wedding in a couple of weeks time, and I will be wearing a claret couloured full length skirt (claret really not being my fave colour wink).

What shoes do I get? I'd reallly like some shoes that I could wear again with trousers/ jeans. No flats please, and no vertiginous heels as I'm 5'11".

Thank you!

Dropdeadfred Sun 19-Oct-08 19:37:22

do they have to be the same colour? could you buy gold or silver?

or if they do have to be claret choose a style in satin that you could then dye black afterwards?

slackrunner Sun 19-Oct-08 19:39:13

Not sure fred. No flippin direction from the bride to date. My pref would be gold/silver, however satin ones that I could dye would be good as a backup option.

katylou25 Sun 19-Oct-08 19:53:03

I think silver would work welland couold wear again for nights out etc

cmotdibbler Sun 19-Oct-08 19:58:09

I had silver beaded kitten heeled mules from Nine West for my friends wedding - we agreed on silver shoes so that we didn't end up with dyed to match shoes that wouldn't be rewearable

MrsBadger Sun 19-Oct-08 20:00:42

bronze or pewter, depending on otehr colours involved in wedding

slackrunner Sun 19-Oct-08 20:02:33

The bride is my mum btw She's so far talked about having claret shoes that I could wear again, I'm not sure of the social circles she thinks I move in

Pewter is a very good idea. I will have to pin her down to a metal I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now