Talk

Advanced search

Please point me in the direction of lovely pyjamas...

(12 Posts)
snickersnack Sun 19-Oct-08 17:04:54

I have several female relatives, all of whom I know would just love some lovely pyjamas for Christmas. I was thinking of the Pyjama Room, but have just seen their prices shock. Any recommendations for similar, but less pricey, options? Am thinking soft jersey, or something similar...The White Company was an option, but MIL seems to have sold her soul to them in exchange for a constant stream of White Company presents over the last 5 years so not sure that would be that exciting for anyone.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Sun 19-Oct-08 17:10:29

White Company would have been my first thought. I did wonder about Bonsoir, but they're not cheap either, and not a huge selection. Plus not jersey type ones.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Sun 19-Oct-08 17:11:09

Ooh - Bodas is lovely stuff.

herbietea Sun 19-Oct-08 17:14:43

Message withdrawn

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Sun 19-Oct-08 17:15:08

OMG grin. Not really what you were after, but couldn't resist linkinggrin.

MrsBadger Sun 19-Oct-08 17:25:51

Carma
their sale is v good

MrsBadger Sun 19-Oct-08 17:27:58

(can personally recommend the kimono ones

snickersnack Mon 20-Oct-08 20:41:11

Am loving all of these and the dog ones made me smile...think the kimono ones are just fab and if I wasn't trying to be credit-crunch-responsible would buy some for myself forthwith. SIL was staying last night and I tried to sneak upstairs to check the label on her pjs for size while she was in the shower but got distracted. Any tips on working out someone's likely size without offending them?

MrsBadger Mon 20-Oct-08 20:47:15

check clothes she is more liekly to take off, eg cardigan or coat

mavornia Mon 20-Oct-08 22:05:12

I love www.sleepyheads.com

especially these flannel ones:
www.sleepyheads.com/Pajamas_-_All_New!/Frankie_and_Johnny_Pajamas_and_Robes/Frankie_and_Johnny_Flann el_Pajamas

US site but they deliver internationally

seeker Mon 20-Oct-08 22:17:26

I know I am going from the sublime (White Company) to the ridiculous, but do you have a Peacocks anywhere near you? They have lots, including wonderful red tartan bottoms with the softest stretchy black jersey tops at the moment for £5 each bit. If you packed them up in lovely tissue paper they would make a fab present. As most of my female relations will discover on Christmas Day!

BirdyArms Mon 20-Oct-08 23:23:57

Have a look at Hush. I have some pjs that I bought myself as a present for getting up to breastfeed in our freezing cold house - they are super snuggly. Not particularly cheap but very nice and come beautifully wrapped in tissue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now