Talk

Advanced search

Hair straightener advice please

(12 Posts)
DuffyMoon Sun 19-Oct-08 10:39:47

My 13 y.o. DD wants some hair straighteners for Xmas......I have hair that is straighter than a straight thing so all this has passed me by. Can anyone recommend a good model - corded? cordless....there seem to be some that dry your hair as well as straighten it?......now apart from having the fire brigade on speed dial could anyone advise me......

heronsfly Sun 19-Oct-08 10:44:47

My DD2 is also asking for some for christmas,trouble is,she wants the ghd straighteners and I think they are in the region of about £100 pounds and of course EVERYBODY has got them grin

DuffyMoon Sun 19-Oct-08 10:47:42

yes am ignoring GHD......and what a cruel mother....when EVERYONE else in the WHOLE school has got them........ grin

SheherazadetheGoat Sun 19-Oct-08 10:48:20

ghd's seem to be the only ones worth getting. i keep meaning to bit the bullet and get them but they are too bloody expensive

RubberDuck Sun 19-Oct-08 10:50:14

FHIs - as good if not better than GHDs and cheaper.

DuffyMoon Sun 19-Oct-08 10:51:07

she is so cack handed though.....and if anything happens to them it wont be her fault! - it will be my fault for buying them in the first place hmm.......are their no cheaper brands that are any good......

RubberDuck Sun 19-Oct-08 10:51:46

FHI looks like they're about £55 these days including some free stuff.

autumnwardrobeonthecheap Sun 19-Oct-08 11:08:10

it will ruin you daughters hair but if she insists try looking here because it all depends on hair type.

DuffyMoon Sun 19-Oct-08 11:10:18

oooo - useful link, thanks smile

PuppyMonkey Sun 19-Oct-08 11:35:21

Just to add, don't get that babyliss B-liss hairdryer that is supposed to straighten and dry hair at the same time. it doesn't work AT ALL, not even for none cackey handed people. Tis impossible.

GHD are the best straighteners you know. Mine have lasted six years and counting with no probs... will the cheap ones last is what you've got to ask yourself!!!

Make sure she uses protecting spray on her hair before straightening too.

Mitchell81 Sun 19-Oct-08 11:38:57

I had GHD's and found them to be the best, afew weeks ago they broke and I decided to try the babyliss 230 ones and they are just as good really and I got them for £35. And I have frizzy curly hair and they still work well.

PoppyCoc Sun 19-Oct-08 11:40:27

My GHDs are one of the best purchase's I have ever made.

I wouldnt even bother trying another brand.

I have had mine 4 years, took them everywhere with me and they are still in perfect condition

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now