Talk

Advanced search

Help with Autumn Wardrobe please!

(11 Posts)
autumnwardrobeonthecheap Sat 18-Oct-08 14:29:44

Have namechanged because work in childcare and about to list some very personal info.

I'm 5ft 2", under 25 years old, not sure of my shape possibly an hourglass / vase / cello / brick? Have got a bikini shot complete with blacked out face for those of you in the know here.

I normally wear a size 12/14/16 depending on where I shop, have what I feel are large thighs & horrible knees but do not mind getting below the knee out. Boobs are 34e and I would say my tummy is quite flat (side view) given my size but have a quite a big bum! So when buy jeans etc need to worry about getting across bum and thighs which means always too big on waist.

Anyway what I need is some warmer bloody work clothes! I tend to wear scoop / square / v neck short sleeved t-shirts and 2/3 pairs of trusty jeans at the minute (all from oasis) with a thin cardigan and cheap pumps. But I am starting to feel like I need a change. My "not in work" clothes are quite preppy, think Gap and I really need to smarten up my work image.

Can not afford a whole new wardrobe so trying to do this very cheaply (am open to second hand off ebay), also as work with children need clothes that can take a hammering wash wise.

So help me find the basics please for this autumn, everything I have come across is roll neck/ruffley sad.

thanks!

bigTillyMint Sat 18-Oct-08 14:34:16

You have a great body, including the knees!

I guess you haven't got time to go trailing round the shops, trying stuff to see what you like - that's what I'd do!

autumnwardrobeonthecheap Sat 18-Oct-08 14:44:33

Yup that's the problem I have next to know free time. I was supposed to go shopping today but the weather is horrendous and the trafic even worse so am trying to find things online.

I quite like some of the jeans at M&S, but don't know if I should go for wide leg (always hassle in the rain) or bootcut? Also have never bought M&S jeans so not sure what their sizing is like. This past week I have been getting out some of my summer dresses and wearing them with tops and tights/leggings with black ugg style boots.

But I'm not sure if this looks good, my legs looks a little like sausages!

bigTillyMint thanks for the lovely compliment! I have a bit of a love hate relationship with my figure like most women I guess!? grin

bigTillyMint Sat 18-Oct-08 15:56:38

I have never bought M&S jeans, but any other clothes have come out big - at least you can take them back, no prob if they don't fit

I have big thighs, but also long legs, and find that Gap jeans fit well. I have some wide-leg trousers that often get compliments!

TBH, jeans are something you need to try on to get a good fit.

autumnwardrobeonthecheap Sat 18-Oct-08 23:01:15

bump!

mother2daughters Sat 18-Oct-08 23:04:20

You have great knees, if this looks good.thanks for the compliment.

twinsetandpearls Sun 19-Oct-08 02:26:42

no advice as I have not got past the photo but you have a cracking figure grin

Gobbledigook Sun 19-Oct-08 08:39:01

I would say wide leg jeans - they are really flattering. Fat Face do really nice ones in dark wash (I've got a couple of pairs and people comment on how nice they look).

here

Layering is very 'in' too - so thin long sleeve t-shirts or polo necks (apparently v. cheap in Primark but also try New Look for cheap ones), with short sleeve jumper/cardy over the top. I got a lovely one for £15 from Tesco - in fact Tesco have some good Autumn/Winter basics in so chuck stuff in your trolley when you do the shop!

Make the outfit nicer with some long necklaces over the top.

Gobbledigook Sun 19-Oct-08 08:41:21

Ah, they seem to be bootcut - can't find wide leg on the site.

These bootcut are nice and are reduced here

boogeek Sun 19-Oct-08 08:47:02

You have a fantastic figure!
You might consider a personal shopper - I haven't tried it myself but a friend went to the one in Debenhams and said it was brilliant. No pressure to buy, sensible listening to budget information, and I have to say it has completely transformed her and she now looks fabulous. The nice thing about Debs is they have all the concessions.

samsonara Sun 19-Oct-08 14:21:46

It sounds like what you are wearing suits your work needs, so if you fancy a change how about trying some tunics to wear over jeans or trousers, or some cardigans in different colours over the t-shirts?
tunic
2 in 1 top
teal cardi
red cardi
purple boucle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now