Talk

Advanced search

Clothes for young boys - help!!!!

(19 Posts)
muddleduck Sat 18-Oct-08 11:39:38

The dss (3 and 1) are always in handmedowns which are getting embarrassingly tatty.

Where is a good place to shop online? I want cheerful clothes but all I seem to find is a choice between f*ing thomas (or similar) or skeletons, crossbones etc.

Boden is imo far too expensive. I've found a couple of ok things at Next but I'd like to find something I really like rather than something that isn't horrible iykwim.

Furball Sat 18-Oct-08 11:49:13

alink{http://direct.asda.com/kids-clothing/03,default,sc.html\Asda?}

Furball Sat 18-Oct-08 11:49:33

oops asda

IllegallyBrunette Sat 18-Oct-08 11:50:18

Zara's boys stuff is nice, and about the same price as H&M stuff.

Pinkchampagne Sat 18-Oct-08 12:35:51

Aztec have gorgeous boys clothes in nice colours. They are quite expensive full price, but they have good sales. I have bought DS2 lots of bits in their sales & we always get comments when he wears things from there.
www.aztecstore.com

muddleduck Sat 18-Oct-08 14:23:39

Thanks for the suggestions smile
I've just found quite a few nice things on the mini mode site. Ok so they are all stripey but they seem good value. smile

Anotherbook Sat 18-Oct-08 17:22:38

muddleduck,

If you are ordering from mini mode definately get this helicopter top.It looks just like a boden one.

I get ds things from H and M , Zara, John Lewis, Gap and just search through to find the good stuff.Lots of stripes like you.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Sat 18-Oct-08 17:25:03

Pumpkin Patch has some nice stuff.

muddleduck Sat 18-Oct-08 19:29:29

Hi anotherbook.
I love the helicopter one. That is just the kind of think I was looking for. Unfortunately it was sold out in most sizes. sad

Kaplumbagadort Sat 18-Oct-08 19:38:42

Ebay! Just look for a good bundle in the right sizes.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 18-Oct-08 20:35:21

I know you find Boden expensive but have you tried looking at the "Sale" section of their site? I have two DS's and have to say that I find it totally worthwhile buying DS1 Boden stuff as it lasts so much better (and looks better the more worn it gets mostly) and then DS2 gets plenty of wear out of it too......before flogging on ebay

Have also found lots of gorgeous bits in H&M (if you dig through dirty denim skull and cross bones items first wink. Try Gap - they always have a sale rail and are stupidly expensive to begin with but always a bargain once reduced.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Sat 18-Oct-08 20:37:29

(sorry - I'd meant to link to Pumpkin Patch, but it was loading really slowly). Also Kids Should Be Kids has some nice stuff (much of it stripygrin).

fishie Sat 18-Oct-08 20:40:00

sainsbury often has nice stripy tops. ds is long legged and slim so zara trousers now (3.6 but still in 2yo width), but when he was younger la redoute had marvellous stuff.

naomi83 Sun 19-Oct-08 17:59:13

my mum picked up for my son some lovely jeans, a multipack of lovely bright plain tops and a sleeveless hooded stripey top, also in fab blues and greens, all from tesco, and abnormally cheap! they've washed great so far, with no fading/shrinking

No5 Sun 19-Oct-08 21:18:18

ds wore his helicopter one today
i saw it, and thought i got to have it.asda and tesco have some lovely stuff, but sometimes they are horrid. love H&M, and boden, and Pumpkin patch.

Pannacotta Sun 19-Oct-08 21:45:27

Also shop at H&M, Zara, Mini Mode, John Lewis etc for my DSs age 3 and 1.
Ask for Gap things as presents as no Gap near here.

tinytitch Sun 19-Oct-08 21:46:27

mini mode at boots had some nice tops when i was looking today and some were half price, they were really nice and some looked similar to boden stuff

thisisyesterday Sun 19-Oct-08 21:49:43

Gap is my first choice atm.

bikerunski Sun 19-Oct-08 21:50:45

John Lewis boys clothes ROCK, they are fab, like Boden, but so much nicer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now