Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boden sizes skimpy, normal or generous. Please tell me before I order!

(11 Posts)
Liffey Sat 18-Oct-08 11:16:47

I think of Monsoon as being very generous, Oasis being normal, and Top shop being skimpy.

Liffey Sat 18-Oct-08 11:17:21

Ps tis the 'weekend trousers' I like.

electra Sat 18-Oct-08 11:18:40

On the generous side, but the clothes don't come up long for age iyswim, although I have to say the ballet pumps come up small.

Liffey Sat 18-Oct-08 11:20:01

Would a 10/12 person order a ten?

When I shop I usually take ten and twelve into fitting room and it's 50/50 really. Makes ordering from a catalogue hard!

twinsetandpalls Sat 18-Oct-08 11:20:51

genourous as it is comparable to monsoon. Have not boughht trousers though which is where I need the room

Dottoressa Sat 18-Oct-08 11:23:25

IME, they are relatively generous. I am size 8 on top, 10-12 on bottom. Boden skirts size 12 fit me nicely - though the waist is somewhere around my hips, as I hate anything pressing onto my tummy. Size 'small' in tops is always fine (sleeves are a bit long, but that doesn't bother me) - though, bizarrely, the 'small' zip-up fleece gilet was too small for me (I rather wonder who it would fit, if it won't fit a 5' 2" no-norks girl).

Boden dresses are a complete dead loss on me - hugely long, with saggy space for large norks even in a size 8. The nork-holder sits somewhere round my waist [sigh].

Dottoressa Sat 18-Oct-08 11:25:06

PS What I tend to do is order a 10 and a 12 in skirts (I don't do trousers of any description), then send back the one that doesn't fit. If you go to the Boden site via MN, you get free delivery and free returns! It's obviously standard practice, as one of the 'reasons for return' that you have to fill in is 'ordered same item in two or more sizes/colours'...

Wuxiapian Sat 18-Oct-08 18:56:10

I've only bought tops, knitwear, dresses and skirts and everything has been very generous in sizing.

Haven't had any experience with the trousers, though.

honestfriend Sat 18-Oct-08 19:21:36

Got lots of Boden trews and they are all different!

Got the weekend trews but sent them back- they looked a bit M&S tbh. But they were comfy! I find Boden a bit big on the thighs sometimes but tight on the waist. I am a 10, and rapidly edging towards a 12 tummy-wise- so on my diet NOW!

pushchair Sat 18-Oct-08 20:12:49

Have ordered trousers in the past but came up too small. I am usually a ten/twelve on bottom half and couldnt get the ten over my thighs. I complained since at that time I had to pay delivery and return. Skirts fit me fine.

Liffey Sun 19-Oct-08 13:24:13

Thanks everyone. I think I may leave it this time. If they look a bit blah, then I'm not going to feel ooooh £59 well-spent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now