Talk

Advanced search

Help I have a "disco inferno" 40th Birthday party next week!! what do I wear?

(11 Posts)
chocolatelady Thu 16-Oct-08 18:37:40

I have got a fancy dress 40th Next week and the theme is "Disco Inferno"... where do I start? is it 60... 70... 80... what should I wear.I need something loud as I am the only one without a husband. (He is away for 6 months). Please come up with ideas!!!!!!!

Furball Fri 17-Oct-08 06:12:20

would you feel alright wearing this? for £20 odd quid thought it a bit of a bargain.

or this?

this?

this?

PortAndDemon Fri 17-Oct-08 09:44:37

One hair option would be Afro wig (wear with shades).

samsonara Fri 17-Oct-08 10:31:59

Oh fun! be brave its fancy dress so I think you can be a bit crazy with the clothes without people actually thinking you are crazy! I'd be going in the following disco queen wannabe outfit, and would see if I can trackdown a hair crimpler,:
hotpants
footless tights
glittery heels
necklace
earrings

chocolatelady Fri 17-Oct-08 12:24:34

Thank you so much!! I love the furball option and for £20 it well worht it. I am ordering the black flair pants with the gipsy top!! I also need to wig and the 70' glasses!!! You have been great help. I am not telling anyone about this!!! It will be a stormer!!! I am so exited now!!! Thank furball. You have made me laugh and made my day!!!

Furball Fri 17-Oct-08 12:56:52

actually i really like that top and it would probably look really good with 'smart' jeans and heels for future wear! hope those trousers never come back though.......

Don't forget your platform shoes/boots.

chocolatelady Fri 17-Oct-08 18:12:51

I have got the perfect platform shoes to go with! Just need the enormous sun glasses!!! sny suggestions for something cheap? Has to be 70's!!! I am so exited... even went for the afro wig... I have normally long straight brown hair... so it will be a chock!!! And Yes I like the top as well!

Furball Fri 17-Oct-08 19:57:17

what about these?

Furball Fri 17-Oct-08 20:01:02

or these?

chocolatelady Fri 17-Oct-08 21:22:34

Thanks! once again brilliant. I am trying to go for thre large turtle frame that makes you look like a fly? Do you know the ones I meant?

sillybigsausage Fri 17-Oct-08 21:25:03

Oh you have to wear a sequinned boob tube surely??
(too lazy to find a link tough...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now