Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm going to a party on Saturday and I am going to be the oldest, fattest and ugliest

(53 Posts)
lilibet Thu 16-Oct-08 10:28:39

I'm not exagerating either!

Dh is 10 years younger than me, his mates are all around the same age, all their wives/ girlfriends are younger than them.

I feel so uncomfortable if we are in a big group, I'm fine if we go out with just one other couple but when it's the whole lot of them I feel like I'm their mother. Doesn't help that my dd is 19 and therefore only a few years younger than some of them.

No matter what I wear I never feel right, I feel totally out of place, I hate that I feel like this. I am a confident person in most situations but not in this one. Tomorrow night I am running a quiz night for about 70 people and I know that if anyone who was there could read this, they would think it was a wind up.

I get worked up and upset and feel so sorry for dh who ends up offering not to go.

Someone please metaphorically slap me!

Rubyrubyruby Thu 16-Oct-08 10:35:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rubyrubyruby Thu 16-Oct-08 10:39:13

LisaLessLumpy Thu 16-Oct-08 10:42:11

You should go with pride and with a smug grin that you are so hot you have a toyboy 10 years younger than you grin

Here is that [[http://freespace.virgin.net/lovely.perfume/Slap.jpg ]]slap you were after

LisaLessLumpy Thu 16-Oct-08 10:42:50

should have done preview hmm

here you go

FioFio Thu 16-Oct-08 10:44:29

Message withdrawn

motherinferior Thu 16-Oct-08 10:46:22

Oi you
I do feel your pain - DP's youngest brother, who's early 30s, clearly thinks I am so very very ancient at 45 that surely I shouldn't be bothered about how I look in photos.

Can you pick an outfit you - and your lovely DH - know makes you look utterly fab, even if it's not the toplessbacklesspantlessness of some of the younger laydeeez?
xxx

jumpingbeans Thu 16-Oct-08 10:49:03

invite me and then you won't be, head up, you are a beauitful woman, repeat and believe.

lilibet Thu 16-Oct-08 10:49:49

Thank you!

Because I don't fit in. Imagine a bunch of thin women in their twenties, with money to spend on clothes and into that group put a 45 year old mother of three, size 14/16 with a wardrobe that either consists of 'office clothes' or 'standing on a football pitch on a Sunday morning in the mud' clothes.

I stick out like a sore thumb.

A few years back after one of their number had just had a baby, she came to one of the parties. Oh the laughing about the size of her backside when she left the room was deafening. I told them all they were being horrid, told them to wait until they were in the same position, and then laugh.

Said mother now has a micro backside and mine is larger than hers ever was (sad)

CountessDracula Thu 16-Oct-08 10:50:36

they sound lovely hmm

Rubyrubyruby Thu 16-Oct-08 10:52:02

lilibet Thu 16-Oct-08 10:52:27

I thik it's a mob mentatlity, get any one of them on their own and they can be really nice.

Get the mob together with some alcohol..........

motherinferior Thu 16-Oct-08 10:53:38

Oh darling, do you have to go? If TUTB wants to, why don't you stay in with a good book and a bottle and some ice-cream?

<waves arse at micro-mum>

Snaf Thu 16-Oct-08 10:53:43

I would glory in not fitting in with that lot, by the sound of them...

IotasCat Thu 16-Oct-08 10:53:57

Your dh picked you because he loves you.

The other women/girls are not important

and you've been there done that - you were a shallow 20 something once (as was I) smile

motherinferior Thu 16-Oct-08 10:54:39

I honestly think that by the sound of them it's worth not going, really.

Rubyrubyruby Thu 16-Oct-08 10:55:17

lilibet Thu 16-Oct-08 10:55:36

I don't have to go, but I think it's something I need to get over.

And eventually there will be things that I do have to go to and by not facing up to this now I am only postponing the invetible

MorticiaAnnSpookington Thu 16-Oct-08 10:55:46

you sound a squillion times better company than these whippersnappers..

SmugColditz Thu 16-Oct-08 10:56:05

gawd I would HATE to think I fitted in with such a bunch of twats, and I am in my 20s!

Rubyrubyruby Thu 16-Oct-08 10:56:15

IotasCat Thu 16-Oct-08 10:56:33

MI ans Lillibet are whippersnappers to me smile and I have a younger dh

MorticiaAnnSpookington Thu 16-Oct-08 10:57:59

I'm ancient to btw, older than lillibet and MI and have a dh 7 yrs younger grin

motherinferior Thu 16-Oct-08 10:58:36

D'you remember the advice someone gave you when you were about to see your horrible ex in court, to have wild sex just before (not in the courtroom, obviously, though, as you'd get arrested) and look a bit rumpled and glowing. I suggest that tactic on Saturday.

Rubyrubyruby Thu 16-Oct-08 10:59:16

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now