Talk

Advanced search

Teeth Whitening at home- anyone done it?

(8 Posts)
honestfriend Wed 15-Oct-08 14:45:12

anyone done it with a home kit?
Have heard of so many horror stories where the bleach is too strong and teeth suffered- anyone used the Boots kit or can recommend a safe one?

honestfriend Wed 15-Oct-08 18:40:52

no?

meglet Wed 15-Oct-08 19:44:14

I had the stuff from a dentist that I used at home. It made my teeth really sensitive so I didn't complete the course. My teeth were whiter though.

I prefer to use Rembrant toothpaste instead these days.

Ronaldinhio Wed 15-Oct-08 23:03:49

mmm i did it with a brighton company recommended by me dentist...they actually make the trays my dentist sells for 300 quid and the whitening stuff is exactly the same
dentist recommeded

i'll try and find the link

clarebear1 Thu 16-Oct-08 12:45:25

Yeh,my friend got me a kit from America was £20 and worked wonders,they sell them n ebay too for around the same price.
Was called 'Crest whitening strips' aplly it for 10 days twice a day and it lasts for 18 months. 4 of my friends have used it now and no ones had any probs

clarebear1 Thu 16-Oct-08 12:45:27

Yeh,my friend got me a kit from America was £20 and worked wonders,they sell them n ebay too for around the same price.
Was called 'Crest whitening strips' aplly it for 10 days twice a day and it lasts for 18 months. 4 of my friends have used it now and no ones had any probs

Jewelsandgems Thu 16-Oct-08 20:36:52

Have also used crest whitening strips from US. They are very good actually [but leave very nasty taste in mouth straight afterwards]

I did experience sensitivity but this was gone within just a few days.

lilacclaire Thu 16-Oct-08 22:15:34

Yes, also got stuff from the dentist, made my teeth sensitive as well, but just stopped it for a couple of days and restarted.
I do it once a week now to stay topped up, its great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now