Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Lulu needs MORE fashion assistance, oh stylish ones !

(74 Posts)
lulumama Tue 14-Oct-08 20:27:14

am being greedy and starting another thread !

here is the first one , if you can be arsed to read it!

basically, i have now got this dress and was wondering about some sort of pashmina/wrap type thing.. do you thikn this will be ok, silver little cardi, also in black or gold

am not terribly good at fashion, as my 'shall i buy this from per una ?' thread got a 99% NO vote ! grin

Flossish Tue 14-Oct-08 20:28:40

i think the gold would look fab - bring out the belt!!

lulumama Tue 14-Oct-08 20:28:58

mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/624216-have-ordered-a-frock-from-simply-be-i-don-t origional thread

posted without a title too, so please ignore untitled thread

<<lies down in darkened room>>

BoysAreLikeZombies Tue 14-Oct-08 20:29:59

Cardi too fussy with the frock

Pashmina is the way to go

Are you wearing strappy sandals ?

traceybath Tue 14-Oct-08 20:32:11

Why do you want something to go on top? Is it for warmth?

Your arms are covered by the dress and i think the dress will look fat on its own - could ruin it or make you look less confident by putting a cardi on top.

I'd go down the wrap route for just a little bit of extra coverage when outside. Perhaps just in black with gold shoes or clutch bag??

traceybath Tue 14-Oct-08 20:32:57

dress will look fab not fat blush

sorry was just looking at my tummy whilst typing

lulumama Tue 14-Oct-08 20:33:16

Thanks flossish, the dress also has a black ribbon belt which i am going to wera instead

do you think, BALZ? i though the drapey sleeves would be ok as they would cover the dress sleeves

i have black patent cone heel shoes, that tie with a ribbon

black feather thingie to wear in my hair

i have a lovely black pashmina with beads on the edge, but do you think a sheer one would be better? if i can find one

someone on the other thread suggested green accesories

BoysAreLikeZombies Tue 14-Oct-08 20:33:39

Wash your mouth out traceybath

shock at fab/fat confusion

wink

lulumama Tue 14-Oct-08 20:34:28

grin no worries tracy..

i thought for warmth and for ease as pashmnas/shawls etc cna get a bit flappy and loose and droop into drinks etc.. <<dead elegant, me!>>

traceybath Tue 14-Oct-08 20:35:05

Black beaded pashmina sounds perfect smile

Am still blushing at my typing error.

S1ur Tue 14-Oct-08 20:38:08

no to cardi. looks too close at front would spoilt line of dress.

wrap/shawl if you must, beaded sounds right to me.

What shoes? <nosy>

BoysAreLikeZombies Tue 14-Oct-08 20:38:28

Black beaded pashmina, beautiful.

Sandals with ribbons, a thingy in your hair.

You will be stunning

lulumama Tue 14-Oct-08 20:38:51

smile please don;t worry!

so , if i do pashmina, hair thingie and bag, do i need a necklace too, or some bangles??

luckylady74 Tue 14-Oct-08 20:39:05

With the black belt I think the cardi will be nice. Pashminas piss me off slipping down!
Gold or silver depending on what suits you best. Shoes sound lovely.

traceybath Tue 14-Oct-08 20:40:07

how about cocktail ring and bangles?

i'd steer clear of necklace if doing hair thingy.

lulumama Tue 14-Oct-08 20:41:24

can't find pic of the shoes, slur, but they are black patent, cone heeled and tie with a ribbon... do they sound ok>?

need some really good black opaque tights now..

thank you all very much ! i am really looking forward to getting all glammed up

S1ur Tue 14-Oct-08 20:42:26

yy shoes sound good!

lulumama Tue 14-Oct-08 20:42:51

ok, so i have a very large aquamarine set in silver i could wear and could get some plain silvery bangles.. i might order the silver cardi, i can always send it back if not right or keep it to wear with something else..

it looks useful. i often see lovely tops, but so often they are sleeveless and i can;t do sleeveless

BoysAreLikeZombies Tue 14-Oct-08 20:45:10

Oooh yes, cocktail ring.

Bangles too clashy and 'untidy'.

A plain chain around your neck - and if your hair is longer then a diamante clip in it?

How does that take you ??

BoysAreLikeZombies Tue 14-Oct-08 20:45:49

large aquamarine?

envy

BoysAreLikeZombies Tue 14-Oct-08 20:46:18

very large aquamarine ?

envy envy

traceybath Tue 14-Oct-08 20:48:15

how about cuff type thing for round wrist? chunky and statementy?

i do like the cardy - could work well with trousers/jeans for dressy but casual occasions.

i don't do sleeveless either - hate my upper arms - as am bf a 10 month old who spends most of his life on my hip i should have jennifer aniston arms if there was any justice

traceybath Tue 14-Oct-08 20:48:56

oh and wolford do very good opaques or more reasonably m&s autograph ones i saw in their last week

traceybath Tue 14-Oct-08 20:49:39

oh and wolford do very good opaques or more reasonably m&s autograph ones i saw in their last week

DraculaNeedsArteries Tue 14-Oct-08 20:54:29

I don't do fashion so ignore rest of post....

Looking from teh pics I would be cautious about any cardi cos there looks to be quite a lot of fabric in the floaty sleeves. I know it is a really thin fabric.....but it might be isible uner teh cardi...although teh cardi has runched sleeves anyway so prob won't be a problem....(I hope you just ignored my post cos I have just decided against what I just said blush hmm)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: