Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help need for wedding outfit please

(20 Posts)
pickie Tue 14-Oct-08 19:06:20

Have a wedding beginning of December. Will be a no expense saved day and am struggling to get a nice dress!

Dress would need to cover up knees and my bottom is not my strongest asset grin either. Size 10 up and 12 below.

Any ideas where I can find a nice dress? Dh will be wearing a dark grey suit.

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Tue 14-Oct-08 20:11:41

Is it a church wedding, and will you need a jacket/coat/serious wrap (December!) too? Or just the dress? Are you happy to show arms? Cleavage?

samsonara Tue 14-Oct-08 20:13:17

I keep oggling this one, hope it goes down in the sale eventually, I have no occassion to wear it but would consider it for a posh winter wedding celebration
goddess dress

JackieNoHeadJustABloodyStump Tue 14-Oct-08 20:14:57

Not sure about full length for a wedding - but it depends on the wedding. Gorgeous dress.

Ronaldinhio Tue 14-Oct-08 20:21:06

love this
too pricey/boring though?

samsonara Tue 14-Oct-08 20:50:13

Nice, the plum shade really is sophisticated and it prob looks great on. Sometimes boring stands out. I once went to a very posh do in Paris in a simple black Next empire line dress and you have to laugh everyone kept asking who the designer was, because obviously everyone was wearing that sort of thing...so I said it was from a small boutique in London wink ( They were either smirking about it behind my back or really wouldn't have been to the high street, LOL )

Ronaldinhio Tue 14-Oct-08 20:52:15

nah some very fashiony trypes are passing wallis and m&s off the same way this year

love that but you looked fab

pickie Tue 14-Oct-08 21:10:54

Glad to see you spotted it Jackie! It is a church wedding and then to a 5 star hotel for champagne and nibbles (or shall I say amuses), dinner and then a live band evening.

happy to show cleavage and arms but accent must not be on bum/knees wink

really like this but maybe too short

or this one

Samsonora - nice dress but not for me, love the Ronaldinhio dress but not sure if it would be nice on me. (love purple though!)

pickie Tue 14-Oct-08 21:18:57

also [[ http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/35216303 this one]] bit might be bit too beachy/summary?

pickie Tue 14-Oct-08 21:24:21

sorry this one

samsonara Tue 14-Oct-08 21:30:59

Like the first two, not so much the last one because of the straps which do look summer beach like, is this the sort of length you had in mind, just below knee
this dress it has detail at the back too

pickie Tue 14-Oct-08 21:36:53

yes I agree, too beachy. I like the debenhams dress but its too girly (frilly) for me, I probably tear the back when trying it on blush

I really like this one but would it go for a wedding? Could wear it for daily wear as well with some high boots and nice thick thights. Wonders if Jaeger does a good sale!!

samsonara Tue 14-Oct-08 21:38:00

I know in the pic it does look a bit clingy around bum area , my thinking was if there's detail at the top front and back area attention will be drawn away from bum and knee area? So maybe something else with beading around neckline and a more full skirt

samsonara Tue 14-Oct-08 21:40:06

That one being in knitted fabric looks too daywear for a wedding but it is a fantastic dress and will great with boots and tights

pickie Tue 14-Oct-08 21:41:28

yes that is a nice dress!! what do you think to the military style dress though?

samsonara Tue 14-Oct-08 21:47:49

Do you think this would be great as an everyday dress even though its an occassions dress ,being gathered at back, will hide bum area and also below knee? dress

pickie Tue 14-Oct-08 21:52:03

Also nice but prefer the Debenhams one. Might go into town tomorrow and see if they have it in store, never thought of looking at Debenhams site.

samsonara Tue 14-Oct-08 22:00:11

What about this here

samsonara Tue 14-Oct-08 22:03:26

Great idea to go and check out the store, enjoy and go with your gut feeling, its usually right .

pickie Tue 14-Oct-08 22:07:16

thank you Samsonara, will let you know how I got on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now