Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Another boots thread ....

(8 Posts)
Millie1 Mon 13-Oct-08 21:07:41

I need, no want grin a pair of flat(ish), brown boots to wear with jeans (under them), with jeans tucked into them and with a short (ie. Boden, if it wasn't out of stock in my size) denim skirt. I've got the skinniest calves in the world so am going to order a couple of pairs from Duo to try in the hope they won't look like baggy wellies on me hmm.

These are the choices (in no particular order)
www.duoboots.com/products/boots/detail/calf_fitted_boots_timeless/avignon/4/colour/2/
www.duoboots.com/products/boots/detail/recently_viewed/ravenna/32/colour/2/
www.duoboots.com/products/boots/detail/recently_viewed/brindisi/7/colour/2/

Any opinions please as to which, if any, could fulfil my three requirements?

TIA

used2bthin Mon 13-Oct-08 21:26:39

I like the third pair. They are similar to mine, I got them from Jones recently to wear exacly the same things as you describe, right down to the Boden skirt, which is also out of stock in my size. See my thread about it if you are also looking for one! No solution as yet for me but some good suggestions.

dexter73 Mon 13-Oct-08 21:34:43

I like the first pair best with the third pair a close runner up. Not so keen on the second pair but not quite sure why!

FlameCod Mon 13-Oct-08 21:35:22

2nd pair best imo dunno why

cazzybabs Mon 13-Oct-08 21:41:08

I like the 3rd pair.,..I nearly ordered them last night

Millie1 Mon 13-Oct-08 22:26:56

Oh good ... so any will do the jobs I want!! Shall get the tape measure out and probably order 1 and 3 to try on. Thanks ladies!

fishie Mon 13-Oct-08 22:35:27

i really do hate a sole which goes outside the upper. slapfoot.

the other two are shiny and dressy so for tights and the hated ones are for jeans. try hobbs, lk bennet or russell and bromley. duo are always just a bit wrong somehow.

Millie1 Tue 14-Oct-08 10:46:13

LOL! Shall be in the shops on Thurs so will look in Hobbs etc then but can almost be certain that their stock will be too wide on calf. Known what you mean about shiny okay for skirts etc and the waxed better for jeans but not so good for skirts but can't afford two pairs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now