Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jeans please?

(20 Posts)
honestfriend Mon 13-Oct-08 16:20:38

I am fed up with trying to get a pair of jeans to fit my middle-aged body.
I am a size 10, verging on a 12 round my belly ( trying to lose menopausal flab at the mo!)and short- 5'3".
I have just tried on 5 pairs delivered from Next in a size 10 and 12. 10s are just too tight and 12s enormous- fit my muffin belly but slide down as well [hmmm] If they fit my hips ( or fat belly)slide down and the back pockets end up at the top of my thighs. The worst thing though is the low rise- I want a pair that end about an inch below my belly button- not 3 inches below with a muffin top hanging over and the need to wear long tops to cover the gap.

any ideas?

Soprana Mon 13-Oct-08 16:24:05

Me too! My favourite, aged pair of Gap jeans is on its last legs - worn out at the knee, fraying at the hem, and faded to hell. Here's hoping there's a quick answer!

Soprana Mon 13-Oct-08 16:25:02

And Gap only seem to do low rise nowadays.... The skinny, low-rise wearing assistants looked at me with pity if I asked if they do high waisted ones...

honestfriend Mon 13-Oct-08 16:42:49

Glad I am not the only one- you'd think it would be so easy- size 10-12, wants a pair of straight leg or slight boot cut darkish wash jeans. Boden don't fit, Next don't fit, Gap don't fit- Per Una have always felt rather odd, am currently wearing a pair from Monsoon that are better than these others, but still expose a lot of bare tummy if no long top is worn!

Soprana Mon 13-Oct-08 17:14:01

No, I know, it's a complete nightmare. I live in jeans (they hide a multitude of of sins), and I can't bare having my bum crack or my wobbly belly on show. It has got so bad I did 800 jumps with my skipping rope today to try to accelerate the shrinking of my flab. I'm allergic to exercise (brings me out in hives) so I know I've got to find a pair asap!
Haven't tried Monsoon - might give that a go. My other problem is short legs. I'm a physical freak, I know. Fingers crossed some of the style experts see this and get back to us! Someone save us!

girlsnightout Mon 13-Oct-08 17:49:01

Have a look in TopShop. Their jeans are pretty good. The indigo or black Eva Skinny Flare Jeans are very flattering.

honestfriend Mon 13-Oct-08 18:02:43

Thanks- I spent ages in a big Top Shop a few days ago and id they have my waist size and leg length? no! I will look again or maybe try ordering over web.

Horton Mon 13-Oct-08 18:11:35

Uniqlo is great for jeans. I have some straight leg ones that come up to my actual navel. I totally love them. And they were only £25.

honestfriend Mon 13-Oct-08 18:22:02

are they on line or shop?

haven't seen them...

Horton Mon 13-Oct-08 18:28:53

It's online and shop. Shops only in bigger cities, though, I think. Have a look here.

TheBlonde Mon 13-Oct-08 18:29:41

New Look Hula used to be good
Sains jeans seem to be the same as the New Look ones but different labelling - got a pair for £10 last week

Horton Mon 13-Oct-08 18:30:18

I think these are the ones I have, not sure:

here

Amandoh Mon 13-Oct-08 18:30:44

Topshop Eva jeans are fab.

The waist isn't too low and they have a bit of stretch so they're nice and snug on the legs but don't feel tight.

TheBlonde Mon 13-Oct-08 18:32:21

hula

SilentTerror Mon 13-Oct-08 18:34:58

I like Monsoon ,am similar shape and height to you.

kerryk Mon 13-Oct-08 18:40:41

i bought these last week.

i work in a nursery so bought them for scruffing around in with the kids (check out the cheapo price) but they are a fantastic pair of jeans.

they are quite high waisted with loads of streach and sizes come up big so i would stick to the 10 (plus they are diffrent leg lengths)

i bought the black, navy and blue grin

kerryk Mon 13-Oct-08 18:41:14

theblonde beat me to it!! grin

TheBlonde Mon 13-Oct-08 18:47:33

I agree about the sizes

honestfriend Mon 13-Oct-08 18:57:08

Thanks ladies!

TheBlonde Tue 14-Oct-08 19:13:46

update go as small as poss on the sains or new look jeans - 1 day in and mine are falling off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now