Talk

Advanced search

good smock tops this season

(7 Posts)
time4tea Sun 12-Oct-08 17:19:59

am still losing mummy-tummy, although weight coming off gradually. sad fact is I need longer-line smock tops (either shirt style, or empire line, anything that comes down to mid-hip with a neckline that can be opened or is v-neck, lowish, to show off norks, and slimness above mummy-tummy)

Monsoon is usually helpful here but currently all in dry-clean only. Cotton is best, not clingy t-shirt material.

Kew usually also good (fab shirt-dresses in cotton over summer, now only silk - v expensive plus dry-clean)

any good stuff out there ladies

thanks for all the great advice re suspenders, getting colours done etc you've been saving my (still chunky, but tasty) bacon grin

bunny3 Sun 12-Oct-08 18:23:50

I am looking for the same sort of thing. Before I had 3 children I could wear most styles of top - now thanks to stubborn muffin I am so limited style-wise. Cant help you but will follow the thread in hope!

time4tea Mon 13-Oct-08 14:05:35

bumping...

hettie Mon 13-Oct-08 14:18:05

swa quite a few of the thing you describe in white stuff and they have a website....

bookswapper Mon 13-Oct-08 22:48:02

and in Toast catalogue
too expensive for me though

Pannacotta Tue 14-Oct-08 15:41:34

This is nice
www.thewhitecompany.com/department2.aspx?DepGrpCode=CPJ&DepCode=JDCK also their Empire line top too, also look at Wrap sale, mentioned on a previous thread on here, will see if I can find it.

Pannacotta Tue 14-Oct-08 15:43:41

Here is the thread, there are a few tops on the Wrap sale which might do.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/624567-wrap-draped-jersey-top-it-39-s-great
Also look at Top Shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now