Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Concealer/Foundation help

(7 Posts)
NutterlyUts Sat 11-Oct-08 17:37:47

I have my ball next weekend, and I need something to hide my black bags/skanky skin

I thought about touche eclait but I don't know? I might not have time to get to town before the ball to get to a makeup counter for advice.

BoysAreLikeRabidDogs Sat 11-Oct-08 17:39:02

You need wats, she is a make up artist

smile

I'll put out a call for you

lulabellarama Sat 11-Oct-08 17:40:35

If you are going to have photos taken, I wouldn't recommend touche eclat, as it's too reflective and you end up with reverse panda eyes.
My favourite foundation is the Lancome Adaptive. It makes my skin look dewy and airbrushed, without looking heavy. I just use a cheapo concealer on my bags and it always works a treat when combined with my magic foundation.

NutterlyUts Sun 12-Oct-08 08:22:07

Oo I never knew that about touche eclat!

I will look at Lancome

PavlovtheWitchesCat Sun 12-Oct-08 08:30:21

Clinique do a concealer/illuminator pen which I have just bought and it good for under the eyes.

Also, No.7 do a concealer/illuminator which I thought was fantastic but make sure you get the right colour. I got the rose tinted on last time and it was wrongfor me. The ivory one worked perfectly. I am only trying the Clinique one as I was recommended it but its no better/worse than the No.7 IMO.

lovecat Sun 12-Oct-08 11:10:12

Ooh, I was just about to come on here and recommend the Lancome and someone beat me to it!

I love it, I was never a big makeup wearer but this is fab, makes me look flawless (which takes some doing!) and never feels draggy or heavy. Barely know it's there, but you look fab!

honestfriend Sun 12-Oct-08 16:35:56

Bobbi Brown concealer is great and it gets the thumbs up in the Times mag this weekend.

I am onto my 2nd pot- it is not too heavy but has great coverage. And they do about 12 shades so you will get one that's right for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: