Talk

Advanced search

Should I perm with post natal hair loss? or try a new cut?

(8 Posts)
brightandshiny Fri 10-Oct-08 21:18:28

I didn't know if to post here or in the health section but ...

I have just started with post natal hair loss (third time round will last for about 10 weeks with minor bald spots at the front)
but before I got pg with dd2 I had a perm. now my hair is is needing something .. anything to make it look better.

I'm greasy at the roots and have dry split ends. the perm I had before dd2 seemed to sort out the greasy roots perfectly, but would i be tempting all my hair to go awol if i did perm?

Or should I have a new style hair cut?

RiallyEeRiaee Fri 10-Oct-08 22:17:31

Ask the advice of your hairdresser. they should know what's best for you.

brightandshiny Fri 10-Oct-08 22:22:07

Ahh.. small problem there. Don't have one nor could I afford one blush my mum does my hair for me. If she didn't become a nurse she would have been a hairdresser grin

RiallyEeRiaee Fri 10-Oct-08 22:26:42

Sorry, crap advice thenblush (I only go once or twice a year myself). Personally I would go for a cut rather than a perm, my thinking being cutting away the dead bits and giving the new growth a chance, rather than chemicals on already suffering hair (mine is really dry and falls out etc), but that is only my opinion.
Have you tried any hair care product websites? (perm manufacturers etc, they might have FAQ sections)?

slackrunner Fri 10-Oct-08 22:28:42

Definitely a cut IMO. No offence to your mum, as I'm sure she's great at hair cutting , but have you thought about going to a model evening at a posh salon if yoiu're going for a drastic cut? Toni & Guy charge £15 for a cut and blow dry on model night.

RiallyEeRiaee Fri 10-Oct-08 22:36:59

good idea slackrunner. I have been to a free model evening before. Or try the local college salon? the trainees are well supervised and it's cheap.

brightandshiny Fri 10-Oct-08 22:41:11

Thank you everyone.

Right a cut it is. I did go to posh salons once upon a time but now £15 on a hair cut is not doable (? is that a word) Birthday season starts next week shortly followed by christmas then another (if brief birthday season again)

I've always had dry ends and greasy roots. Within 12 hours of washing it could be seen though I do wait at least three days between washes. didn't help my nephew put everyone on Nit alert this week too.

will wait till hair has finally decided on a condtion before making it go chemically Argghh!

brightandshiny Fri 10-Oct-08 22:44:08

sorry x post.

Will have a look at colleges in the morning. If I could get one for free and some one could amuse dd2 for however long one took. (shes at that must feed every 10 mins and cry if with anyone else period)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now