Talk

Advanced search

Salon spray tan?

(9 Posts)

I'm going on holiday next month and am very pale. Was thinking of getting a fake bake spray tan (never had one before), but then someone said that salt water will strip it off. Is this true?

I don't want to spend money on something that will go on the first day, especially if it goes in a streaky fashion.

Word Thu 09-Oct-08 21:33:22

I've heard they only last a few days or so, salt water or not.

shhhh Thu 09-Oct-08 21:42:34

Ime, it will last around a week...I have had st tropez ones and gone on hols, they have lasted for the time needed..I tend to "top up" with a tan maximister/after sun and remember to exfoliate esp while away. Allows the old tan to be blended in better and allow for your skin to tan naturally iykiwm.

I have never heard or experienced it being removed my salt water and imo the exposure you get in salt water will be minimal.
Chlorene will/may remove it slightly but not such that you would notice.

Thanks

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 10-Oct-08 15:21:09

fake spray tans are fab

i have had lots over the years and no they dont come off in sea

MrsMattie Fri 10-Oct-08 15:22:47

I love 'em. I have the St Tropez one when I'm going on holiday, but doesn't last more than about 4-5 days, so I bring a tube with me and top up.

MinkyBorage Fri 10-Oct-08 15:23:47

I had one ages ago and it only lasted 4 days, but I sweat like a monster, and a less sweaty travelling companion's spray tan was still going strong a week later

noddyholder Fri 10-Oct-08 15:40:47

they are fab for a holiday and usually last about a week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now