Talk

Advanced search

Boots when pregnant.

(8 Posts)
staryeyed Thu 09-Oct-08 12:31:40

I want to buy some nice boots I have seen in Duo. I not sure about sizing though. Im 12 weeks pregnant and have lost a bit of weight through sickness and if my last pregnancy is anything to go by I will put on a lot by the end. Should I buy the for the size I am now or buy slightly bigger?

MimieD Thu 09-Oct-08 15:14:22

Sorry but I wouldn't buy any boots now...Duo Boots are great because they do different calf fittings, chances are if you buy some now they will be too tight later on but if you buy them in a bigger size which you're not sure off, they will not fit correctly and will be too big after your pregnancy...

MrsTittleMouse Thu 09-Oct-08 15:23:59

Please don't buy them now! Duo boots are lovely, but your feet will expand in your third trimester (possibly earlier) and might not go back to your pre-pregnancy size. It would be so sad to buy boots that you can never wear.

staryeyed Thu 09-Oct-08 15:26:29

sad oh no. I really need some boots for winter. I was going to do this pregnancy in skirts and dresses with boots because I find trousers such a PITA to fit properly.

theSuburbanDryad Thu 09-Oct-08 15:29:54

Oh noes!! I was going to buy some new boots too - my old ones have really given up the ghost! sad Should I hold off and just wear shoes?? (I hate shoes - they make look stupid)

MrsTittleMouse Thu 09-Oct-08 17:58:01

I would consider buying cheap boots perhaps, but not nice ones. You also will probably find that you have a small amount of swelling of your feet and ankles in the third trimester, so allow for that as it's rare to get away without any. But the killer is that the extra weight and hormones will make your feet spread, and that won't always go away like the swelling will.

I'm 12 weeks pregnant and I just bought some beautiful boots. They have made me happy and I am confident that even if I swell my way out of them I will be back in them at some point.

I couldn't wear shoes all winter.

It all comes down to 3 things:-

How beautiful are the boots?
How happy will the boots make you now?
How sad will you be if you can't wear your boots later?

I express this as
X x Y = A
. . .Z
Where X is the beauty, Y is the happiness and Z is the sadness. If A equals a number or a letter then buy the boots. grin

Oh dear, I think I need some sleep.

staryeyed Thu 09-Oct-08 19:24:28

very beautiful x

veryhappy = 1000
very sad

yes you are right I must buy the boots. lol

Seriously though I need to buy from duo because of the varying calf sizes. I cant find any boots in the shops that fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now