Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is everyone wearing for Autumn/Winter and what should I be buying?

(13 Posts)
majeika Thu 09-Oct-08 11:54:43

I really do not have any nice sweaters or chunky knitted things.

I am a TA at school and wear Tesco trews which are great as they are cheap and cheerful and if they get ruined I dont really mind! (Paid £5 and £7 for a 2 pairs last week)

I wear various tops and shrugs with them and chunky jewellry and boots and look quite trendy but I think I want to branch out a bit in the shoe area as all my shoes/boots are black and soooo boring.

I do need some sweaters too.

Trendy but not too expensive.

I am 37, 36DD boobs, size 14.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 09-Oct-08 11:57:11

Warm stuff - its going to be freezing and the schools will be too skint and tight to afford to have the heating on full pelt.

Sherbert37 Thu 09-Oct-08 11:59:29

Hope the schools do turn the heating down a bit. My DD (13) fainted recently because it was so warm.

bozza Thu 09-Oct-08 12:05:12

What colour are your trousers? As this will affect the colours of shoes/boots. There are some nice boots in M&S (IMO) but they are £70 and knee length so a bit of a waste if only worn with trousers - colours are brown, grey or burgundy.

Asda have a nice long knitted top which is sleeveless for £12. It can be worn over long sleeved tees - £3 in primark. Also what about adding a wide belt? They seem to be fairly current.

majeika Thu 09-Oct-08 12:16:57

one pair is grey and the other is black which sounds boring but easy to tart up a bit.

I think I fancy some shoes really that are a bit different/quirky?

Think I might need a trip to Primark.

Not sure about belts though as I think they draw attention to hips!

Wish I could do the DanniMinogueFortuneTellerWeirdHairband look but as she cant pull it off I am not sure I could either!! wink

Anna8888 Thu 09-Oct-08 12:18:50

Buy some thin polo necks and layer them with tunics over jeans and boots - the permeations are endless and it is cosy, practical and glamorous smile

AuldAlliance Thu 09-Oct-08 12:36:30

Permeations of what? I don't want things permeating through my clothing, ta very much. wink [sorry, Anna, couldn't resist; put it down to hormones]

SaintRiven Thu 09-Oct-08 12:37:32

jumpers. and leggings. My usual winter attire. I'm such a trend setter grin

majeika Thu 09-Oct-08 12:38:08

cant do leggings Riven - no way! grin

Anna8888 Thu 09-Oct-08 12:44:29

blush permutations

newgirl Thu 09-Oct-08 14:38:39

what about some really lovely trainers? have a look at the kurt geiger website they have suede and sequin trainers - i love them - not practical if it rains but you are inside, so thats ok!

or if not how about ballet pumps loads about - maybe in a dark colour like purple or red or green - they would go with your plain trousers - put in your bag if you walk to work

majeika Thu 09-Oct-08 15:59:49

Does anyone have any links to purple ballet pump things??

newgirl Thu 09-Oct-08 21:27:31

i'm not sure how to do links but kurt geiger website had some in the sale, m and s have nice green and red ones at the mo, and shoon has them too. It depends on how much you want to spend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now