Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Am pretty clueless when it come to 'glam'. Give me your honest opinions !

(17 Posts)
FoghornLeghorn Tue 07-Oct-08 22:28:29

OK - going to a wedding in 3 weeks (day and night), have recently lost a fair bit of weight and hoping to have another 7lb shed by the time we go so am treating myself to a new frock and all the trimmings so .... what do we think ?

My personal fave

not sure this is weddingy enough

too nothingy ?

Too short ? And not sure I've got the legs to carry it off

So, do you agree with my fave ? If so, what shoes and accesories ?

JackieNo Tue 07-Oct-08 22:33:07

Agree with your estimates - that first one is gorgeous. others definitely less so. I really don't like the one-shouldered one, and won't it be cold and get crushed under a coat? 2nd one, yes, a bit meh. last one quite cute, but not really a weddingy one, imo.

FoghornLeghorn Tue 07-Oct-08 22:35:22

Thanks Jackie - good to know i'm not completely clueless grin.
I've just seen some silver sandals on River Island website but can't link - they are metallic silver with a dark grey fabric ruffle down the front ???

BirdyArms Tue 07-Oct-08 22:36:03

I like the first one best as well, very nice indeed. The one shouldered one I think could look great, would need to see it on! Not very keen on the other two.

JackieNo Tue 07-Oct-08 22:37:07

Silver sounds good - how much are you likely to be outside? In possibly cold and windy weather?

Hassled Tue 07-Oct-08 22:37:29

Agree - first is much the nicest. For some reason don't like black at weddings.

AuraofDora Tue 07-Oct-08 22:41:45

oh, i liked the second one the best, the last two left me cold, the first was nice

congrats on weight too loss good for you!

FoghornLeghorn Tue 07-Oct-08 22:47:12

Thanks guys

Jackie, it's not a family wedding so we wont be hanging around for hours for photo's or anything but could possibly be outside for half hour I guess. I would like a little shrug or something to cover my arms/shoulers if it was real cold.

FoghornLeghorn Tue 07-Oct-08 22:58:57

OK so think the dress is down - now need help with shoes and acessories

LetThemEatCake Tue 07-Oct-08 23:02:27

oh, the one-shoulder is fab. But will date really quickly, unfortunately. You'd get the most wear out of the first.

well done on shedding the weight! I need to lose half a stone in the next three weeks, care to share how you're going to do it? I am so plateaued.

LisaLessLumpy Wed 08-Oct-08 08:34:07

Love the first dress, and the shoes on the same page look good too.

FoghornLeghorn Wed 08-Oct-08 10:48:11

I didn't even notice the shoes on the same page blush !

LTEC - I have been doing weight watchers, not lost a huge amount of weight about 2 and a half stone since DD3 was born in August. Still have just over a stone to go but hoping I can lose half a stone by sticking to WW in the next 3 weeks

FoghornLeghorn Wed 08-Oct-08 13:06:15

OK, possible spanner in the works. Dh getting messed around with people paying his invoices so might not have cash available, need a back up option that I can order from catalogue. What do you think of these ?

purple
black
red
layered

Am thinking all would go with silver sandals and accessories (although slightly unsure silver is best option for layered one)

FoghornLeghorn Wed 08-Oct-08 13:29:01

bump

LisaLessLumpy Wed 08-Oct-08 17:21:43

I like the red one and the layered one

FoghornLeghorn Wed 08-Oct-08 18:38:26

Thanks Lisa - I like they layered one but I have quite short hair so not sure it's going to look right.
Also ordered this one as purple out of stock !
They are no-where near as ice as the monsoon one, just keeping fingers crossed everyone pays us when they are supposed to between now and then so I can get that one instead

LisaLessLumpy Wed 08-Oct-08 19:07:55

I think the layered one would look fine with short hair, also like the new one you linked to too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now