Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

The leggings look - please suggest an outfit

(3 Posts)
tiredandgrumpy Tue 07-Oct-08 21:29:57

I always end up in jeans. I crave comfortable clothes, but feel I might be prepared to stretch to leggings. I'm a size 8-10ish, pretty much straight up and down. Please show me how to wear the look (and suggest where I can buy some leggings). Feel so unimaginative, so please help me out.

Louandben Tue 07-Oct-08 21:48:45

Don't buy leggings....bit dated now and only Kate Moss could ever really carry them off without a dress over the top. Besides which, your ankles will get cold now!

Invest in a pair of great boots and go mad with coloured/patterned or simply black opaque tights and great dresses, there are loads of nice, comfy ones around, especially knitted ones at the moment. You can still be comfy and casual but will feel and look so much better. Look at Zara, H&M, French Connection for inspiration.

If you are dead set on trousers then leather or skin tight rubber-like ones are in this season, with big chunky knits on top - maybe not too practical for the daily park/school run tho wink.

foofi Tue 07-Oct-08 21:50:58

I bought some leggings in Primark today and shall be wearing them (despite what Louandben says) with long boots and a long jumper (or dress) for most of the winter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: