Talk

Advanced search

Another "I've got the dress but haven't got a clue what to do with it" thread...

(13 Posts)
shakennotstirred Tue 07-Oct-08 20:07:18

I've ordered this dress for a wedding on 1st November...

hope this works...

The question is, what should I wear on my feet (I was thinking black heels of some description - how vague is that!) and I really need some kind of warm shrug or similar I guess.

Any suggestions would be extremely gratefully received. Oh, and as you can probably tell from the bargain basement price of the dress I'm on a low budget. Could probably afford to spend around £100 on shoes / shrug / accessories.

Thanks!

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Tue 07-Oct-08 20:08:51

I'd be tempted to go 'red' with shoes and bag. Black shrug.

shakennotstirred Tue 07-Oct-08 20:16:24

Thanks for that. There are quite a few red shoes on the Debenhams site

here

I quite like the ones bottom left.

woodenchair Tue 07-Oct-08 20:19:34

Agree with red shoes, the black and red ones on your link (top right) are v nice.

maidamess Tue 07-Oct-08 20:28:08

I think those black and red ones are too modern for a dress like that, which is a lovely shape.

I would go for something more like this, with a platform.

I could eat these with a spoon

teafortwo Tue 07-Oct-08 20:31:07

Hello - I love your dress - stylish and pretty - what a great find! I have a thread on this same subject - it is horrible isn't it? You find a fab dress for a wedding and are so afraid of spoiling it with the wrong shoes and bag...

If you go for the fun red shoes idea(I think they will be fab) ... and want to finish off the fun loving look - another mner told me on mentioned thread that topshop are doing a red sweetheart shaped clutch bag £25... I haven't seen it myself but she said it is in vogue and would be a cute for a wedding...???

My dress is black and white too - I am thinking of plum bag and shoes... Style and beauty experts - could shakenandnotstirred go for plum too if she wants to be quieter than red? Would it work with her dress? Or not really?

shakennotstirred Tue 07-Oct-08 20:34:12

Thank you to all for suggestions so far

Teafortwo, you're fab, and thanks for the nice comments re the dress...I was worried it'd look cheap but actually I'm really pleased with it! I'll definitely have a look at Top Shop for that heart shaped bag and read your thread, too, for some other ideas!

teafortwo Tue 07-Oct-08 22:51:45

Well first some mners helped me choose a dress.... (I was quite nervous)

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/620087-so-mners-what-should-i-wear-to-my-sister-39

teafortwo Tue 07-Oct-08 22:52:47

And then bag and shoes...

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/621441-so-i-have-found-a-dress-to-wear-to-the

teafortwo Tue 07-Oct-08 22:59:21

I think maidamess's suggestion of a darker red will give your outfit and air of sophistication... but I am also completely in love with the fun, youthful bright shoes too...

The thing is I am enthusiatic about this thread because it is like mine - but think you need someone who reads vogue and knows what is in fashion rather than me who has to keep looking up lots of the words people use in style and beauty on google - and still don't always understand!

If you want... We can keep smiling and looking at your lovely dress (it is great) until someone more learned appears, though!!!! smile

teafortwo Wed 08-Oct-08 20:12:19

smile

shakennotstirred Wed 08-Oct-08 20:51:32

Thanks again TFT...sorry not to have been around, it's been one of those days!! Well, I've ordered a couple of pairs of red shoes, and a black shrug, all from Debenhams, so now just have to wait for them to arrive and see how it all looks, I guess! I'm so rubbish, I detest shopping and haven't a clue about styling myself!!

Someone today asked if I'd be wearing a hat. A hat? Hadn't even thought of that

Your dress does look beautiful; we should post some pics in our profile thingies once our days are over, and compare notes

teafortwo Wed 08-Oct-08 21:29:36

Thank you!

You are going to look great...

They are talking hats on my thread too - BUT I think it could be a distraction from the dress!!!

I don't know.... where are the style and beauty mners... I think you and I need some direction here!!!????!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now