Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to wear a velour hoodie without looking as if you are, um, at risk of starring in one of those benefit fraud posters?

(14 Posts)
mabanana Sun 05-Oct-08 22:15:20

Tried one in Sainsbury's today (so classy, eh!), dark grey velour, zip top hoodie. Very comfy and cosy....but...would it look awful?
I'm 5'7" - 12 in Tu clothing, which I am gravely suspicious of - and would wear it to take kids to park or walk to post office and such glamorous activities. I can't wear big jumpers as they look horrible due to big norks. Verdict?

ps bit like the grey one on this website

PumpkinPatty Sun 05-Oct-08 22:21:57

No

Heifer Sun 05-Oct-08 22:32:45

I would think that velour hoodie with big norks wouldn't look great tbh.

And to answer your original question, No tis not possible..

Just get a normal sweatshirt type hoodie (animal or suchlike)....

moondog Sun 05-Oct-08 22:37:44

No. Anyone wearing velous shoud face immediate arrest and deportation. You'd be better of with cottom American college style sweatshirt hoodie.

mabanana Sun 05-Oct-08 23:49:00

hmm...see opinion is divided wink

eandz Sun 05-Oct-08 23:56:53

thank goodness i saw this thread. was wondering if i should buy a bunch of velour tracksuits until i lose enough weight (just gave birth a few weeks ago due to em c section...so cant work out yet) to wear decent clothing.

looks like i'll stick to yoga pants and un-hooded gap sweatshirts till i lose this blubber.

Chandra Mon 06-Oct-08 00:10:05

I have one! but I will never wear it outside the house (is just to keep me warm and comfy on cold nights)

LyraSeveredtongue Mon 06-Oct-08 00:12:50

No no no no no.
No.

eandz Mon 06-Oct-08 01:35:24

i really really really am dying for a juicy couture velour track suit but i guess it doesn't befit a mommy my age without dirty looks.

Wuxiapian Mon 06-Oct-08 10:22:38

If you like it, mab, then wear it. Don't care what other people think!

I met a friend yesterday to go shopping. I wore my white Puma trainers, black Monsoon casual trousers, green Fat Face hoody, pink Boden puffa body warmer and my grey/pink long Coast scarf.

Mate asked, "What the hell are you wearing? It don't suit you, I don't like it". I usually see them when I'm dressed up smart for work, you see.

I told him I like it and don't give a shit if he, Mr. Jones or Joe Bloggs didn't.

And I seriously don't. People accept you as you are or they don't.

You're only going to be dossing about it in, anyway, fgs.

Szyslak Mon 06-Oct-08 11:14:31

Just about Ok if you are wearing it to 'train', but even then never the whole tracksuit. (don't do it eandz).

Hoodies only Ok in cotton.

JuneBugJen Mon 06-Oct-08 11:17:40

I bought a 3 piece pink velour hoodie thing with cute capped sleeves from M&S to use as 'loungewear' (ie when still to early for PJ's but you want to slob about in)

Asked DH what he thought. He asked when I would wear it. I explained the 'loungewear' concept. He replied very earnestly 'oh yeah, its great as long as no one is going to have to see you in it.' shock

I took it back the next day.

littlelapin Mon 06-Oct-08 11:18:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eandz Mon 06-Oct-08 11:54:30

szyslak
don't worry, took the advice. am velour tracksuit free.

but what can i wear now that i'm post baby, but can't work out till my c-section area is healed and my bump is now floppy? any suggestions? anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now