Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

this season's 'trouser'

(7 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Sun 05-Oct-08 16:11:04

2-pager in Observer woman monthly today detailing this season's acceptable styles and how to wear them

Ugh

All written very tongue in cheek but slightly overwhelming nonetheless, especially on a miserable day like today when, quite frankly, I feel as though I'd be happy to never wear anything other than trackie bottoms for the rest of my life!

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 05-Oct-08 16:12:06

oh I hate them being called a 'trouser', or a 'jean' grin

Tutter Sun 05-Oct-08 16:13:17

i love that use of the singular to describe something that comes in a pair

"i like a large cotton pant myself"

"a high-waisted trouser can give you a camel-toe"

etc

CurrantBun Sun 05-Oct-08 16:14:10

Hear, hear LetThemEatCake! Having picked up my son's tummy bug and spent the whole of yesterday puking (and the other end too) I am more than happy to even be dressed today, even if it is in 'a jean' and sweatshirt!

TsarChasm Sun 05-Oct-08 16:15:45

Ikwym. And I bet the people that write these things are the worst ones for curling up in a nice baggy old pair of trackie bottoms whilst stressing everyone else out about what they should be wearing .

Just like I'd wager most of these celeb chefs are no strangers to the takeaway menu or some beans on toast grin

TsarChasm Sun 05-Oct-08 16:17:41

Oh yes and 'trouser' is most roffle-some.

Qvc often use it. Once, to my ever lasting delight they even used 'tight' for 'tights' grin

LetThemEatCake Sun 05-Oct-08 16:49:31

have to hold up a guilty hand as often refer to a 'shoe' or a boot.

'I am after a black leather boot for A/W 08'

but am a freelance journalist, ergo a wanker.

(but wearing a Primark jean, a charity shop jumper and a pair of Uggs today, if that makes me more likable????)

Oh dear Currantbun - I hope you feel better soon. Dh, 2 x dc and I are all under the weather too, but only emanating from noses, fortunately!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now