Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

any ideas for a rainbow inspired playhouse interior

(13 Posts)
lovelysongbirdanotheryearolder Sun 05-Oct-08 11:33:19

hi
dd room is very pinky , our house is pretty neutral {yes dull i know!}, so i want to make dds playhouse full of colour.

going to paint a table and chairs set.
thats as far as ive got

im going to make the curtain or try to, following avanaps guidence.
thanks avaenapsmile

so im going to playkitchen .
and some drawers ad tsblr and chairs.

we can also add curtains cushions

is there anything i am missing?

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sun 05-Oct-08 11:44:27

Window boxes?

lovelysongbirdanotheryearolder Sun 05-Oct-08 11:50:39

thanks dragon, yeah i think i wll add those when dd is a bit older as i think she might just walk into them at 16 months old.
but thtas a good way to add colour.
thanks smile

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 11:53:49

What about some pictures of flowers, one blue, one purple? A plastic vase for the table with a plastic coloured flower? Some coloured storage boxes for her toys?

lovelysongbirdanotheryearolder Sun 05-Oct-08 12:02:04

thanks avenanapsmile
thats a fantastic idea

yes if i'm going to get some storage boxes i can add colour there.

thanks for the idea of the flowers, i would not have thought of thta at all.

i heart avenanap! grin

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 12:06:17

Aww. Thanks. smile

lovelysongbirdanotheryearolder Sun 05-Oct-08 12:10:56

smile you do realise that when i am finished i will have to post some photos --to bore you with-- for you to see! grin

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 12:12:13

That would be lovely. Don't forget. I'd love to see them. smile

UnfortunatelyMe Sun 05-Oct-08 12:13:08

Could you paint a cheapy drafts/chess set in all rainbowy colours?

lovelysongbirdanotheryearolder Sun 05-Oct-08 12:18:55

thanks unfortunatelyme, that would be lovely smile

UnfortunatelyMe Sun 05-Oct-08 12:23:26

Oh just saw shes 16 months, you can make that a long term projectgrin
Crystals, in the window, and high up so she cant reach them will make rainbows on the walls when the sun is shining Maybe another in a few years idea!

Overmydeadbody Sun 05-Oct-08 12:34:12

Gosh, I wasn't much help last night was I?grin

Ok, DS has a rainbow coloured bedroom. These are some of the things that have contributed:

His wooden furnituse is all painted bright gloss colours, reds and blues.

He has blue fairy lights from habitat strung up.

The walls are all white but the built in shelves are apinte4d bright blues and greens
the wondowsil is painted.

He has wooden storgae drawers from Ikea, all painted. These are actually decorated by him in acrylic paint, with a layer of varnish over the top. They are very cool.

There is a big canvas with a very brightly coloured splatter painting on it that he did when he was 2.

One wall has loads of framed photographs of his family and friends up, all the frames are brightly coloured wooden ones from Ikea.

There are some drawings he did on brightly coloured paper (drawings in black felt-tip) framed in clip frames.

Curtains are brightly coloured stripey material from John Lewis.

Bed has lots of cushions on it made out of differnet brightly coloured material. Duvet covers also brightly coloured ones from Ikea.

lovelysongbirdanotheryearolder Sun 05-Oct-08 12:40:39

yes i will dd those ideas, to the in a fw year stime box, with the window boxessmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: